Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Programming
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Programming
Topic: Delete or Extract pages using VBA Post Reply Post New Topic
Derek Brown

Quote Derek Brown Replybullet Topic: Delete or Extract pages using VBA
    Posted: 11 Nov 11 at 5:23PM
I see that there is a comment in the VBA sample workbook that says it is possible to delete/extract pages using the ActiveX Utility.
However, I could not find an example of the code in the workbook or on this Forum.
Does anyone know where I may be able to find an example, please?
Thank you.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 12 Nov 11 at 6:25PM
Hi Derek,

Oops. It looks like I did not implement this feature - even though it looks like I meant to. I have added this to my "todo" list for the next release.

In the mean time, if you need this feature, you should take a look at the PDF file management library called [QuickPDF Library] made by Debenu. This is the library I use in PDF reDirect and it is a very capable product.

An alternative if you want to extract pages, you could use the utility to print PDF files (ie oPDF.Utility_Print_PDF) to print the pages that you need to a new PDF via a Batch Printer. If you have multiple pages to extract, you could print them individually, and then merge them, or, use the option to append the "printed" pages to the new PDF until you get what you need.

I hope this helps.

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
JohnnySy

Quote JohnnySy Replybullet Posted: 14 Mar 12 at 1:05PM
VBA is functionally rich and flexible but it does have some important limitations, such as restricted support for function pointers which are used as callback functions in the Windows API. -Tire Works
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version