Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Programming
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Programming
Topic: Unable to create/use Batch Printer on Windows 7 Post Reply Post New Topic
David_Carle

Quote David_Carle Replybullet Topic: Unable to create/use Batch Printer on Windows 7
    Posted: 18 Apr 12 at 3:15PM
Hi Michel

I have a problem with Windows 7 (64 bit) and PDF reDirect Pro v2.2.8 and Access 2003

The issue occurs in the Convert2PdfAndEmail function.
The .Batch_Printer_Is_Installed(MyBatchPrinter) line returns false and the
.Batch_Printer_Install(MyBatchPrinter) line also returns false, so it just exits the function.
MyBatchPrinter has a value of 'BatchPDF'

Using the UI, I checked the preferences for Batch Printers and created BatchPDF. This seemed successful but it did not show up in Control Panel - Printers.

I then used the Run as administrator option to run the UI and created the Batch Printer. TYhis time it did appear in Control Panel - Printers. But, still Access would not detect that the batch printer was installed.

I also tried installing v2.5.2 as administrator and although it seemed to install fine, it wouldn't run (even as administrator).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 19 Apr 12 at 8:19AM
Hi David,

I would definitely move to v2.5.2 as a first step.

You said that it is not running. Are you referring to the Access program not running, or to PDF reDirect?

If your comment is in regards to the program: I was wondering if you remembered to also install the ActiveX component for v2.5.2. It's a separate download and installation in addition to that of the program. The ActiveX is available from this forum, in the sticky post.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version