Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Programming
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Programming
Topic: Launching reDirect inside another app Post Reply Post New Topic
Willem

Quote Willem Replybullet Topic: Launching reDirect inside another app
    Posted: 26 May 06 at 7:55AM
Hi

New user here, busy evaluating Pro.

I need to stamp scanned invoices with user information. The info exists in a SQL database. I then use a workflow application to route the (pdf) invoice to numerous people for authorisation. Once approved by all, I want to STAMP the invoice with the approver's information, date, etc.

How can I launch the application from inside another .NET application, using vb, and pass it the necessary parameters? Is it possible?

Willem
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 26 May 06 at 10:19PM
Hi there,

Thank you for considering PDF reDirect Pro.

Opening the entire PDF reDirect Pro Application to simply apply the stamp might be overkill. It would be much easier to access the PDF library that I use directly to apply the stamp.

I will think about it, and provide you with a VB solution that should do what you want to do. Have you pre-reserved some space on the document to apply the stamp? (ie so that the stamp does not cover important text on the document).

Cheers!

Michel
IP IP Logged
Willem

Quote Willem Replybullet Posted: 29 May 06 at 2:11AM

HI Michel

The scanned documents are from various different sources - typically all our suppliers - so they do not all look the same. Therefore not possible to reserve space. I would think the bottom left corner or so would do!

If I do not have to launch the app, and can access the library behind the scenes, so much better. The .NET workflow app I use allows for the running of VB, so am hoping to solve the problem. The typical use:

Our Finance section receives invoices for payment (typically by mail). These requests for payment need to be authorised. The finance guys would scan the invoice, add relevant info (e.g. order no, value, vendor, etc) to a workflow process, and the workflow app will route the digital copy to the appropriate person for authorisation.

Once digitally authorised, the name and date of the person authorising the payment must be added to the scanned pdf copy of the invoice, before it is routed back to the finace dept for payment.

Hope this makes sense!

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 30 May 06 at 8:33AM
Yes, it makes sense. I am back at work, so I'll take a look at it today.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 30 May 06 at 10:37PM
Hi Willem,

OK. I got it distilled to just the code you need to have to apply the text onto the first page of the PDF. I have zipped the sample code as well as a sample PDF file so that you can see what the output looks like. You can download the zip file from [here].

Cheers!

Michel.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version