Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: WHERE ARE FILES SAVED TO Post Reply Post New Topic
jfmcrazy

Quote jfmcrazy Replybullet Topic: WHERE ARE FILES SAVED TO
    Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 1:51AM

I did a PDF file merge, and then saved it. It showed saved as one document as I needed it to be, however, now I cannot find where on my computer it saved it to so I can email this out. This is important, as I need to get this file document out by this monday (8.15.11)

Thanks for any help in advance!
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 10:12AM
Hi,

The PDF files are saved to whatever folder selected in the "Folders" list on the left.

If you do not remember where that is, you can recover that location quickly as follows:
  1.    Start PDF reDirect Freeware (via the Start Menu >> All Programs >> PDF reDirect v2 >> PDF reDirect Freeware)
  2. In the "Filename" box (towards the bottom of the window, near the "Save" button, you will find a small downarrow near the right-hand side of the box. Click it.
  3. A list of recently saved PDF files will appear. Select your file.
  4. The file is selected in the "Files" list, and the Folder is now selected in the "Folders" list. Make a note of that location.
   I hope this helps. There are more detailed explanations (with pictures) in the help file, so I would take a look at that too.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
jfmcrazy

Quote jfmcrazy Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 12:55PM
OK, I found that, but the document/files are still too large to send via email. I thought could take any docutment (i.e. jpg's) and make them into a PDF file. When I open up PFF reDirect, I only get the option of file merge and jpg files do not show up. Is there a way I can do this?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 5:42PM
Hi,

Yes, you can.

Right-Click the jpg files in Windows Explorer, then choose "Preview". Once you see the picture(s) in the preview, choose to Print them, and choose the PDF reDirect printer. Your pictures will be converted to PDF, and will appear automatically in the Merge list. After that, merge them with whatever other PDF files that you need to merge them with.

Please take a look at the help file for more instructions on how to use PDF reDirect.

Cheers!

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
jfmcrazy

Quote jfmcrazy Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 5:45PM

I'm a DUH, so please excuse the questions. When you say "Windows Explorer" do you mean the tree of files that show on the left side when PDF reDriect is open? If that is what you mean, that is what I mean. When I click on that folder, it shows that it is open, but no jpg files are showing.

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 5:51PM
Hi,

No, those are the folders.

Start the Windows Explorer (the program to explore folders that comes with Windows). If you are unsure, go to your start menu, and type "Explorer" in the search box. "Windows Explorer" will appear as one of the programs, so click on it to get it going.

Navigate to where your pictures are. Right-click on any one, and choose either "Print" or you can instead choose "Preview" then "Print".

I like to view my pictures as thumbnails. Like that I can select the pictures I want to print, then right-click and choose "Print" - which will be a bit faster.

Cheers!

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
jfmcrazy

Quote jfmcrazy Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 5:53PM
Originally posted by Michel_K17

Hi,

Start the Windows Explorer (the program to explore folders that comes with Windows). If you are unsure, go to your start menu, and type "Explorer" in the search box. "Windows Explorer" will appear as one of the programs, so click on it to get it going.

Navigate to where your pictures are. Right-click on any one, and choose either "Print" or you can instead choose "Preview" then "Print".

I like to view my pictures as thumbnails. Like that I can select the pictures I want to print, then right-click and choose "Print" - which will be a bit faster.

Cheers!
I can't just click on the folder with the images? Sorry, I did say I was a DUH.. lol
IP IP Logged
jfmcrazy

Quote jfmcrazy Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 5:59PM
Originally posted by jfmcrazy

Hi,

Cheers!
I can't just click on the folder with the images? Sorry, I did say I was a DUH.. lol
I just figured it out. You don't have to do the "explorer" thingy. On the tree that shows on the left of the PDF reDirect, if you right click on the folder (in my case the one I labeld jpg files), click open, you can see all the thumbnails. From there, you highlight them all, and click print. Then change the printer to the PDF reDirect printer.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Smile
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 5:59PM
Hi,

No worries.

No, you cannot click on the folder. That won't work.

Open the folder. When you see the images, select them all, then "right-click". A menu will appear. Select "Print". Make sure the PDF reDirect printer is selected, then click the "Print" button.

Good luck! If you are still having difficulty, you could try calling a friend to come over and show you how.

I hope that helps.

Kindest regards,

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
jfmcrazy

Quote jfmcrazy Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 6:01PM

Hi,

Cheers!
I just figured it out. You don't have to do the "explorer" thingy. On the tree that shows on the left of the PDF reDirect, if you right click on the folder (in my case the one I labeld jpg files), click open, you can see all the thumbnails. From there, you highlight them all, and click print. Then change the printer to the PDF reDirect printer.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! Smile
This is a GREAT program btw.. even for us DUH's!
IP IP Logged
jfmcrazy

Quote jfmcrazy Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 6:11PM

Hi,

Cheers!

But it DID work. I right clicked on the folder in the PDF reDirect tree, and chose open. When I saw all the files, I highlighted them all, and clicked print. When print came up, I used the drop down to choose the PDF reDirect printer, and it merged them into one document into the pdf merge area. I saved it, and hopefully it was not too large for the email recipient.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 6:14PM
Perfect!

Thanks for the kind words.

Best regards,

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
jfmcrazy

Quote jfmcrazy Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 11 at 6:20PM

Perfect!

Thanks for the kind words.

Best regards,

No problem! It should be me thanking you for such a wonderful program.
After my move, I will definately have to looking into the purchase of the pro. Not sure if I will need that, but having the ability to make PDF's is great. Again, THANK YOU!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version