Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: It just stopped working-HELP please Post Reply Post New Topic
JJ926

Quote JJ926 Replybullet Topic: It just stopped working-HELP please
    Posted: 29 Nov 10 at 11:10AM
I have been using PDF reDirect (freeware version) for about a year- and loving it.

Yesterday, whenever I clicked save, I just got a 'not responding' message.  After shutting down and restarting my computer a few times I finally decided to uninstall it.  It wasn't listed in program list using  the uninstall in Control Panel, and my version didn't have an uninstall, so I just deleted the file that contained the .exe and downloaded the new version.  I had the same problem again, the new version had an uninstall option, so I uninstalled and downloaded again.

This is where it gets very strange. I downloaded again this morning, had problems and found this forum.   As I was typing this message I decided to try it one more time.  So I selected print on one page of the document I'm trying to save, (just named it test) and it saved! [in the Desktop location]

Hopeful that it was now going to work, I went to the next page that I wanted to include, selected print, then gave it the correct name and moved to the correct file in the PDF Output Filename section of the PDF reDirect  window.  I clicked save and Confused again got the 'not responding' message.  So I tried again, by accident I forgot to choose a file so I was in the default 'Desktop' and it worked. I repeated this process with several documents, changing their save location. Documents will save to my desktop, but not to the file in "Documents" where I want it- when I try that I just get the "not responding" error.  I tried saving it  to "Documents" but I get an error message which reads:

Sorry: an Error occurred in frmMain-usbSave_Click.
1. 000763- Path not found
2. OK

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 10 at 12:05AM
Hi,

It is weird, indeed. My guess is that the "My Documents" has possibly changed location, or is pointing to a folder that has moved, or is offline (is your "My Documents" folder on a network?).

Please try this: open Windows Explorer, Right-click on My Documents, and choose "Properties". There should be a tab labeled "location". What does it say for the target location? Does it look right?

I hope this helps,

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
fsspdf

Quote fsspdf Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 1:10PM
I am also getting the 00076 error when I try to save.  Is there a way to change where it's trying to save the file.  I have been happily using PDFredirect for several months without this error.

Thank you for your help!
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 03 Jan 11 at 11:52PM
Hi,

Yes, actually. In PDF reDirect, go into the Preferences >> Startup Directory >> and choose from the from dropdown an alternate location, preferably one to which you have access. The "Desktop" or "My Documents" should (normally) be safe bets. This will set the default location. Apart from that, you can use the Directory Tree in the "Folders" column to select alternate locations to save to.

Error 76 means "path not found", so I would make sure that your target folder exists, and that you have "Write" permission as well. If this is for work, and you could ask your IT department to help you out.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 11 Mar 12 at 12:30PM
Hi,

Also, PDF reDirect cannot save to the root folder of the "Libraries/Documents" folder. This is a new feature of Windows 7 and is a virtual folder that points to another location. Please select a sub-folder, and it will work fine.

I have fixed this in the new version which will be out in a couple of months.

Cheers!

Michel

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version