Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Attachment Function Not Working Post Reply Post New Topic
red2002yzfr1

Quote red2002yzfr1 Replybullet Topic: Attachment Function Not Working
    Posted: 01 Feb 10 at 12:44PM
I am using the pro version on trial. I am trying to use the function to add attachments, but when I save the file and open in Adobe Reader 9, no attachments. Is it cause its a trail version it does not work?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 10 at 9:58PM
Hi,

It should work, even during the trial period (and actually, even after the trial period, except for the watermark on the document).

Anyway, the way it works is:
  • Make sure that the PDF you want to add the attachment to is in the Merge List (either a new printer output file, or add an existing document to the merge List);
  • Click the [+] button in the attachment list to add the attachment
  • Click the [Save] button to save your changes
  • Open the saved PDF in the PDF Reader
  • Click the attachment tab in the PDF Reader (it might also appear as a paperclip depending on the version of the PDF Reader you are using). The attachment should be there (it works for me, and I have not had any complaints with this feature - until now at least).
   Please try the above procedure, and let me know if you continue having difficulties.

Also note that you cannot add an attachment to a PDF which has been locked or encrypted.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
red2002yzfr1

Quote red2002yzfr1 Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 10 at 8:02AM
Ok, I got it to work. When I read your procedure on creating/adding an attachemnt to a PDF, the only thing that I was not doing was "Also note that you cannot add an attachment to a PDF which has been locked or encrypted." When I create a PDF file with your software, it is adding security to the file. I had to select the newly created "secure" file and remove the security via the icon at the top. Once I did that, I was able to add an attachment. I was also able to see the process dialog adding the attachment.

My next question would be, can this security be turned off?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 10 at 9:07AM
Hi,

Cool.

In regards to your question about encryption. In the right-hand column, under the "Security" header, make sure that both checkmarks (encrypt and locked) are not selected.

However, it is OK to add attachments and encrypt/lock a file at the same time.

I hope this help.

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
red2002yzfr1

Quote red2002yzfr1 Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 10 at 10:04AM
I hate to bother you, but this has now become a challenge.

What file types are allowed to be attached?

I started to add attachments of all types and did not find any issues in doing so, however, can only add one attachment at a time. If I try to add more than one, it does work and the pdf contains only the last successful attachment addition. I can add any type and as many as I want as long as I do it one at a time - it seems.

Even from a brand new file, if I add more than one attachment, it fails to add them.

The security issue from previous post has no baring on this issue.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 10 at 10:52PM
Hi,

It should be all of them. Like you, I can confirm the bug you reported in v2.2.8

I have also confirmed that it is working ok on the next version of PDF reDirect (currently beta v2.2.920), so I'll leave it at that for now.

Look for beta v2.2.921 to be out in a few days. That version should be "almost there" in terms of both being feature complete and bug free. v2.2.920 is generally ok, but has a number of annoying minor error messages which have been fixed in v2.2.921.

Look for an announcement in this forum soon.

Cheers!

Cheers!

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version