Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Half of the page is blank when using PDF Redirect Post Reply Post New Topic
cchonko

Quote cchonko Replybullet Topic: Half of the page is blank when using PDF Redirect
    Posted: 30 Mar 21 at 1:21PM
Good afternoon, everyone

I work in IT for a healthcare insurance company out of Dayton and I have a ticket where a user's output in PDF Redirect is coming out mostly blank.

I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling PDF Redirect (both from the control panel and our company's Software Center), I've already attempted to mess around with PDF Redirect's settings and have tried multiple file types. The issue seems to persist mostly with .tif, .tiff and some .png files.

I have attempted this myself on my own computer with multiple file types and have attached screenshots of the results (I cannot post screenshots from the user's computer as that would violate HIPAA law).

This is a screenshot when using PDF Redirect on a .png

This is a screenshot when using PDF Redirect on a .tif

Any suggestions on how to move forward would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your assistance and enjoy the rest of your day.
IP IP Logged
yorkshire_lad

Quote yorkshire_lad Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 21 at 4:11AM
Just my 2 cents worth: it looks like you're trying to print a graphic image/photo.  It's not clear what application you're printing from.  If you've not already gone down this route, I'd be trying to print it from another application (there are loads that will load a graphic image and then allow printing, depending on what your setup has access to, e.g. irfanview).  This might help pin down where the problem is.
IP IP Logged
cchonko

Quote cchonko Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 21 at 6:26AM
I have been trying to print from the Microsoft Photo Viewer, but our organization does have access to Microsoft Office Document Imaging (MODI) for .tif files. I'll try with that and see where that gets me and I'll update sometime later today with the results.
Sincerely,
CODY HONKOMP
IT Service Desk Analyst
Cody.Honkomp@caresource.com

NOTICE: I am not an employee of CareSource. I am an independent contractor or I work for a third party vendor.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 05 Apr 21 at 1:29AM
Hi,

The MS photo viewer has been working well for me in the past via PDF reDirect. I did a test today with a couple images saved as .png, and they seem to work fine for me.

Feel free to send me the two pics that you know are not working, and I can take a look. I can be reached at exp [at] exp-systems [dot] come.

Thanks!

Michel
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 21 at 12:06AM
I got news!

I was using MS Photo Viewer today at work, and when printing to a physical network printer, I had the same issue as you. I did a quick test using PDF reDirect with the same result. I was able to get it to work properly to both the physical printer and PDF reDirect by going into the printer properties, and reducing the maximum resolution of the printer from 600 to 144 dpi (300 dpi also worked for some pictures).

It really seems to be a MS photo viewer issue, but at least the solution above seemed to work.

Cheers!

Michel
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
cchonko

Quote cchonko Replybullet Posted: 15 Apr 21 at 12:15PM
This seems promising! I went ahead and played around with the Windows Photo Viewer and got it to work by setting the DPI to 72 instead of 600!

I tried to call my user back, but unfortunately it went to voicemail. I'll let y'all know if it works on their end or not. Thank you guys so much for the help so far!
Sincerely,
CODY HONKOMP
IT Service Desk Analyst

NOTICE: I am not an employee of CareSource. I am an independent contractor or I work for a third party vendor.
IP IP Logged
cchonko

Quote cchonko Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 21 at 12:10PM
Looks like adjusting the quality in Windows Photo Viewer from 600 DPI to 72 DPI fixed it! I just got off the line with my user and we confirmed that it's working!

Thank you all so much for the help! Enjoy the rest of your day.
Sincerely,
CODY HONKOMP
IT Service Desk Analyst

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 21 at 5:26PM

Too bad you had to go all the way down to 72dpi, but very glad that it is working!
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version