Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Distortion After MS-Office Upgrade Post Reply Post New Topic
JRASystems

Quote JRASystems Replybullet Topic: Distortion After MS-Office Upgrade
    Posted: 26 Feb 07 at 11:08AM
I've been using PDF reDirector Pro v2 for several months with MS-Office 2000 with excellent results.  I recenly upgraded to MS-Office 2003 and the graphics in the letterheads are very fuzzy after the upgrade.  What did the boys in Redmond do in MS-Office 2003 to mess things up?

Thanks in advance.

JRA

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 26 Feb 07 at 5:42PM
Hi Jim,

I have been using Office 2003 for the last couple of years, and I have not experienced the problem you mentioned. Before we blame Microsoft (Smile) please take a look at the "Picture Quality" setting in PDF reDirect Pro in the upper right-hand side of the window where you can specify a setting from Low to Good to Very Good and even High. That could be the source of the problem.

For example, a sample Word Document I created would vary in size from 27KB (low setting) to 200KB (high setting), and the picture quality visibly improved in the PDF. There is one caveat: PDF reDirect cannot make a bad picture look better than the original. There is a page in the help file that covers this topic in detail. [Here] is a link to the same page that is posted on the web site as well as [sample pictures].

Generally speaking, these settings may reduce the picture quality to make the PDF file smaller.

If that is not the problem, then what would be best is if you can send me a sample Office (Word?) file where the problem occurs as well as the PDF that is generated. I can see if I can duplicate the problem here, and perhaps, give you a fix.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version