Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: points in file names Post Reply Post New Topic
omorr

Quote omorr Replybullet Topic: points in file names
    Posted: 17 Apr 06 at 6:04AM
Hi,
I am using PDF reDirect on a regular basis (ver 2.1.7) on WinXP and I am very satisfied with it. It did all my jobs better than most of the others PDF creators (thank you). There is just one small thing I do not understand. PDF reDirect ignores points in file names (replace them with underscore). When I put the point in the output file name (say 05.Filename) I get 05.PDF output file (Filename is ignorred). Is this intentionaly made from the PDF ReDirect creators or there was something else?

Best Regards
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 06 at 9:33PM
Hi there,

Nope, it's all me. Because Internet Explorer can pass an address with lots of periods in them, my code does indeed replace those with the underscore character. But you are right in that Windows 2000 and XP is perfectly OK with the dots as opposed to the old DOS and Win NT days. I'm not 100% sure about Windows 98, so let me check, and if it's OK, I'll remove that "feature", particularly now I've removed my claim to be compatible with WinNT.

Cheers!

Michel
IP IP Logged
omorr

Quote omorr Replybullet Posted: 18 Apr 06 at 2:12AM
Hi Michel,

Thanks for the great product.

Radovan
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version