Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Pro v2.1.9 Does Not Load Post Reply Post New Topic
paulp575

Quote paulp575 Replybullet Topic: Pro v2.1.9 Does Not Load
    Posted: 14 Apr 06 at 6:43PM
Just installed Pro v2.1.9 on Win XP Pro computer and attempted to create a PDF document with no success.

After opening the document and selecting Print - then PDF printer I get the EXP-Systems logo and the loading 'gas guage' starts across the logo, but stops in the middle of the 'A' in loading and just sits there.

The document I was attempting to create was a 10 page document, but after first failed attempt, decided to do only one page - same result! I attempted this first from Lotus' WordPro and again using Word XP (2002) - same results!

I closed the document and opened the Task Manager which showed 2 PDF reDirect related processs - both working!

Note: I do not have any mapped network drives and have already turned of the Windows Explorer function to search for networked drives.

Thanks,

paulp575
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 06 at 1:21AM
Hello,

Sorry to hear of the problem. I have had a few people having difficulty in getting PDF reDirect to work on the first attempt, until they rebooted their computer.

Have you tried rebooting?

If that does not work, please let me know. I looked at the code, and there are about 50 lines of code where the problem might be between the progress bar stuck at the "A" and the next update. That code is before the normal error logging starts, so I may have to put together a special version for you with some customized error logging turned on.

Cheers!

Michel

IP IP Logged
paulp575

Quote paulp575 Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 06 at 12:06PM
Yes, after unsuccessfully creating several PDFs, I did reboot. In fact, I have rebotted several times. (I always reboot after installing any program to ensure any changes to the system have been fullly updated!)

FYI, before this reinstall of Windows and all my programs, I did have a problem with one of the previous versions (sorry, note sure which it was, but it was most likely the version previous to 2.1.9). In that case, rebotting several times after installion seemed to have solved the problem.

Thanks,

Paul

Edited by paulp575
paulp575
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 06 at 12:34AM
Hi Paul,

Sorry, I'm thick today (just spent two days doing taxes, so I'm a little bit tired). Are you saying that it is still not working?

Assuming that it is still not working, I will work on a custom version of the main App with logging of the few 1st lines of code.

Last question: are you trying to run WinXP 64 bit edition? I ask because PDF reDirect is not (yet) compatible with that version.

Thx.

Michel.
IP IP Logged
paulp575

Quote paulp575 Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 06 at 1:06AM
Originally posted by Michel_K17

Hi Paul,

Assuming that it is still not working, I will work on a custom version of the main App with logging of the few 1st lines of code.

OK, I appreciate it!

Originally posted by Michael_K17

Last question: are you trying to run WinXP 64 bit edition? I ask because PDF reDirect is not (yet) compatible with that version.

Nope, running the 32-bit version of XP Pro with SP2 and all updates installed.

Thanks,

Paul
paulp575
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 17 Apr 06 at 10:46PM
Hi,

OK, I got that special version of the code completed. I'll send it to you via e-mail as a zip file. Simply unzip it to the "C:\Program Files\PDF reDirect" folder, replacing the existing executable.

When it runs, it will log the progress to a listbox on the splash screen. Wait for the program to freeze, then take a "screenshot" and send it back to me.

How to take a screenshot: Press the [ALT]+[PRNT SCRN} buttons, then, go to your draft e-mail and select the "Edit >> Paste" menu.

Cheers!

Michel
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version