Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Problem: Merge List is empty error Post Reply Post New Topic
ediguy

Quote ediguy Replybullet Topic: Problem: Merge List is empty error
    Posted: 23 Feb 06 at 5:03PM
Is there a bug with version 2.18. I can only merge pdf docs,when I try to create a pdf doc it tells me the merge list is empty?
Chuck
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 23 Feb 06 at 11:52PM
Hi there,

For a few people, PDF reDirect (no matter which version) will refuse to work until the computer is rebooted. When you select "Print", the printer's output PDF should appear in the merge list as a temporary PDF file called "Printer Output". For most people, this problem appears at the 1st attempt to create a PDF, but goes away at the 2nd attempt and beyond. For a few people, they need to reboot before it will work: I have not been able to determine why. If you are familiar with Windows, then you can try "restarting" the print spooler service: it is faster than rebooting and usually works too.

If that does not fix the problem, then let me know: something else is the problem: for example, this problem will also occur for users who contain in their username "complex characters" (unicode) such as Chinese, Korean, Cyrillic, etc. Let me know if that is the case: I have a temporary workaround.

I hope that helps.

Michel
IP IP Logged
ediguy

Quote ediguy Replybullet Posted: 24 Feb 06 at 8:37AM

Thank you I am sorry, I had the wrong version. it's the 2.1.7 version giving me the problems, but I will  try the same fix to see if that works. Thanks!! :)

Chuck
IP IP Logged
ediguy

Quote ediguy Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 06 at 2:10PM
It worked beautifully, Thanks!
Chuck
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version