Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Postscript Custom Page Size Post Reply Post New Topic
DR P MARK PORTN

Quote DR P MARK PORTN Replybullet Topic: Postscript Custom Page Size
    Posted: 02 Aug 13 at 1:21PM
I do not have PDFRedirect set up as my default printer.

I went into the printer setup for my system (WIn8) and applied settings for PDFRedirect that included a "postsript custom page size".

But when I select the PDFreDiect to do my printing, the PdfRedirect printer instruction defaults to "letter size", (and it is tedious to have to reset it manually every time!)Smile
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 04 Aug 13 at 8:45PM
Hi,

If you make the change from within a program (for example, Word >> Print >> Properties >> etc.) the paper size will only apply to this print output only.

If you want the change to "stick" and become the default, change the paper size via the Control Panel >> Printers >> PDF ReDirect Printer >> Right-Click >> Properties >> etc.

You can also do it via PDF redirect >> Preferences >> Properties >> Advanced >> etc.

If you do it like that, it will become the default.

Cheers!
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
DR P MARK PORTN

Quote DR P MARK PORTN Replybullet Posted: 05 Aug 13 at 10:43AM
Printer settings, when made through printer control panel, on this Win 8 machine, did not seem to stick

Printer settings did stick on a machine running under Win2000;

I will try it again.

Thank you for your response.

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 13 at 9:51PM
Hi,

I just tried on my Windows 8 machine (Surface Pro), and it worked. I did it via PDF redirect >> Preferences >> Properties >> Advanced.

Can you try that?

Cheers!
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
DR P MARK PORTN

Quote DR P MARK PORTN Replybullet Posted: 07 Aug 13 at 10:24AM
In PDFPro->preferences->advanced the postscript custom paper size IS set for width=4" and height=8", landscape-mode, 300dpi.

(This setting is to try to get a PDF print format that is compatible with a small tablet device).

Although the settings are set in preferences, I just tested it, and the PDF pro, uses the "letter size" format, (as if somehow overriding the internally set preferences)
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 10 Aug 13 at 8:12AM
Hi,

OK. I am pretty sure we can get through this. There is no "internal" PDF redirect Pro setting. Just like a real printer, the defaults paper size is set via the Windows Control Panel.

Please check the "Windows Way" as follows: Start Menu >> Control Panel >> Printers >> PDF ReDirect Printer >> Right-Click >> Properties >> etc. and make sure that you select the new page size you created in PDF redirect Pro.

You made mention of the "postscript custom paper size" and that has me worried. I believe that those are not permanent. I had so many problems with that Windows feature that I created my own Custom Paper Size feature in PDF redirect Pro (>> Preferences >> Properties >> Custom Paper Size). Use that to create your paper size, and then set that as the default.

Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Sorry for delay in response: I was travelling all day.

Cheers!
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version