Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: formatting Post Reply Post New Topic
Barbara

Quote Barbara Replybullet Topic: formatting
    Posted: 15 Apr 05 at 10:26PM
I love PDF ReDirect. It's so easy to use and generates wonderful documents.

But I need some help. I create 6 x 9 files which I intend to publish as books. My problem is with formatting pages. How do you do that? Sometimes the chapter heading is on one page and the rest of the text starts on the next page. Are there templates I can use? Or can it be done another way?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 16 Apr 05 at 7:16PM
     Thank you for your kind comments about PDF reDirect.

I was wondering if you could be more specific about the problem you are having? Are you are using MS Word? Is the application (MS Word) and the printer (PDF reDirect) both set to 6x9 page sizes? Note that PDF reDirect does not have a 6x9 pre-defined paper size. You could use the statement size which is close (5.5x8.5), or a custom paper size (there are two ways to do that).

I have some information on custom paper sizes on my forum, at the following location:
http://www.exp-systems.com/forum_exp/forum_posts.asp?TID=74&PN=1

If you feel you need additional help, can you send me a copy of the problem file (assuming it is MS Word), and I can play with it if you wish. If you do send me the file, please make sure that it does not exceed 5 MB as my internet service provider uses that as the message size limit.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 21 Apr 05 at 11:57PM
UPDATE: We have exchanged e-mails, and it seems like we may have found the problem: the document was missing manual "page breaks" which would have ensured that the new chapters would start at the top of the next page properly.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version