Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Remove Protection: Blank password Post Reply Post New Topic
Meetloaf13

Quote Meetloaf13 Replybullet Topic: Remove Protection: Blank password
    Posted: 31 Mar 10 at 9:17PM
Hello

I'm trying to use the Pro version and have several files that are protected with an empty password (as in, I can go into Adobe and deselect protection w/o having to enter a password).  So when the dialog box comes up and I hit enter it says I entered the wrong password...even though there isn't one.  I have 500+ PDF's and un-protecting each one individually would be a drag.

Please help.

Thanks
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 10 at 11:41PM
Hi Meetloaf,

I am a little bit confused as what you are trying to do with DPF reDirect pro with respect to your existing PDF files. Are you trying to merge them together?

Also, can you confirm that your (empty) password was used to set permissions only (ie not the password to open a PDF).

I have not heard of anyone setting permissions with no password before, but I can see that would be useful for casual protection.

I would not be surprised if my code checks, and then rejects/ignores empty passwords - and this may require a change in the logic of my code. For example, I know that PDF reDirect Pro will not allow you to apply protection without a password.

I did a bit of testing with PDF reDirect Pro, and I was able to set permissions with a blank password. I did get a warning (you must enter a password) - but I left it blank, and it worked anyway. I was also able to remove the permissions with PDF reDirect Pro for the file with the blank password.

Anyway, please let me know what you are trying to do.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version