Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PDF reDirect Pro Beta
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : PDF reDirect Pro Beta
Topic: Suggestion: Improvements to adding Attachments Post Reply Post New Topic
yorkshire_lad

Quote yorkshire_lad Replybullet Topic: Suggestion: Improvements to adding Attachments
    Posted: 29 Jan 10 at 8:32AM
I have recently started adding attachments to my PDFs (usually it's other PDFs and it's a neat way to store them rather than adding on the bottom as additional pages).  Since there's a beta in development, I thought I'd throw something in (it might not get any airtime, but at least it's not yet too late!)

My suggestions are for making some improvements when selecting files to add as Attachments, so that
  • when the "Attach Files" dialogue opens, it uses a sensible location.  Currently it seems to default to C:\ which isn't much help; how about the documents folder?
  • if adding more than one file as an attachment either remember the location of the first added file or allow two (or more) files to be selected at the same time (currently selecting two pdfs at the same time doesn't seem to work: or it lists the two files in the Attachments box, but with no size in brackets)
  • maybe permit drag-and-drop to add Attachments?

Hope this isn't already covered in the beta or elsewhere & this is the right place for these thoughts.

config: WinXP+SP3
PDF Redirect Pro v2.2.8 (and loving it!)

Allan in Settle (North Yorkshire, GB, on a rare sunny day with a few streaks of snow remaining on the hills)

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 31 Jan 10 at 1:31PM
Hi,

Excellent suggestion, thank you. I have added that to my "todo" list. The drag'n'drop is indeed possible too - although I may need to change how the "list" displays files to show all files, not just PDF files.

Cheers!

Michel (in Wichita, Kansas, in a rare snow storm) Smile

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 10 at 10:54PM
Hi,

I have incorporated the 1st two items in beta v2.2.921 which will be available for download in a few days.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version