Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Stamps not visible in preview? Post Reply Post New Topic
Drewster

Quote Drewster Replybullet Topic: Stamps not visible in preview?
    Posted: 17 Sep 09 at 10:39PM
Hello, I'm very new to PDF reDirect so please forgive me if this has been asked and answered (I did search but didn't find anything in the forum).

When I select a stamp, the Preview box shows just the stamp, then when I select my PDF to be created the preview does not show the stamp. I thought the preview window is supposed to update per selections above it (such as Pic quality and color model).

Should I be seeing the stamp on my printer output in the preview window?

Thank you and kind regards.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 18 Sep 09 at 12:47AM
Hi,

Sorry. the preview shows the file you have selected (the PDF, or the stamp), but it does not show the two of them combined ahead of time.

Obviously, once you have saved the modified PDF with the stamp(s) applied, then it will appear correctly.

I understand what you are asking, and yes, that would be cool, but that is actually not in the cards to get implemented, because I am hoping to be able to do one better in a future versiom. I am hoping to give you the ability to graphically apply the stamps directly on the PDF rather than having to mess with settings. At least, that's the plan for "v3.0".

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
adp9626

Quote adp9626 Replybullet Posted: 18 Sep 09 at 11:58AM
Actually, if you are planning on that feature, please do not take away the current stamp feature. What we are doing is creating a specific batch printers just to add our signatures to a specific location on a report, so the current feature works out great. And since we use the same signature stamp on different reports at different location, creating a specific printer for each report works out nicely. 
Thanks again for a great program.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 19 Sep 09 at 11:55AM
Good point. Thanks for the feedback! Smile
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic