Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Wrong paper size Post Reply Post New Topic
stretchr

Quote stretchr Replybullet Topic: Wrong paper size
    Posted: 02 Apr 09 at 7:06PM
I just discovered that PDF reDirect has an incorrect paper size - A1 paper is off by 1mm!! It's 840x594 instead of 841x594 as it should be.

I only just noticed it because the CAD software I generally use to print to A1 in most instances automatically scales the print properly regardless of what the paper size is - but on occasion I need to maximise the print to fit the paper size, and this is how I discovered the incorrect size - so that maximizing the view gives a print scale of 1:100.112 or something like that instead of exactly 1:100.

What's more, in a newer version of the CAD software, the A1 paper size is missing completely .... very odd!
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 09 at 8:01AM
Hi,

I think I recall seeing that a 1mm discrepancy between the Adobe's PPD specification document and sample paper sizes from other printer drivers including Adobe's.

I can't remember which one I used, but it looks like I picked the wrong one. I'll fix it at the next release. Just be forewarned that you should not choose the simple "upgrade" program, but rather, you should choose to re-install the entire program so that the printer driver is also upgraded. It will be in v2.3.0.

Cheers!

Michel.
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 09 at 1:03AM
Hi,

The beta is being released today or tomorrow with the fix you requested. Sorry for taking so long; it just got wrapped with a whole bunch of other changes.

Cheers!

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
corne_mo

Quote corne_mo Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 09 at 4:29AM
I am using version 2.2.5 updated to 2.2.8, I however don't have the A1 paper size at all. I have A0, A2, A3, A4 and A5, but no A1.
How can this happen and even more important, how can I add A1 format?

Thanks for your reply,
Corné
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 30 Sep 09 at 8:06AM
Hi,

It's actually a bug in the way that the printer is installed, and apparently, it may be in Windows actually. This problem does not occur just with PDF reDirect Pro, but also with other printers.

Basically, you probably already have a paper size "A1" on a different printer installed, so Windows decides not to install a duplicate with PDF reDirect Pro, but then, fails to make a reference to the existing A1 page.

My recommendation is to install the missing paper size manually using the instructions [here]. It does not take too long to do.

I hope that helps.

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version