Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Can print to Network? Post Reply Post New Topic
orca1504

Quote orca1504 Replybullet Topic: Can print to Network?
    Posted: 29 Mar 09 at 3:49AM
Hi,

I cannot print to a folder located on my network in Vista.

In fact, the moment when I click "network" (I think -I have the dutch language version) in the folders/browse window then the PCs attached to the network show up for a second but immediately therafter the PDF reDirect UI crashes.

After this I can still give print commands to PDF reDirect but the UI does not appear anymore until I reboot -then all those print jobs are listed in the UI.

My OS is Vista home premium. When I print to a local drive on that PC then PDF reDirect works OK. From another PC attached to the same network which runs Win2K I can print to a network folder without problems. Reinstalled PDF reDirect -problem remains.

Looked everywhere but cant find this problem described so I hope anybody has a clue what I can do to resolve this.

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 29 Mar 09 at 11:23AM
Hi,

Sorry to hear of the problem. I have been able to access the network folders using Vista here in my lab, so I am not sure what is going.

The new version (v2.3.0) of PDF reDirect uses all new code to access the network which provides more features in the user interface, but I expect that it will be significantly more stable as well.

It should be out in a few weeks. If the problem continues, please let me know, and I'll take another look then.

Best regards,

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 09 at 9:40PM
Hi,

I have not tested yet, but I think it might work if you setup a mapped drive to your destination folder.

If it works, it should keep you going until the new version comes out.

Best regards,
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
orca1504

Quote orca1504 Replybullet Posted: 31 Mar 09 at 1:11PM
Hi

Yes, printing to a mapped drive works. Thanks for the suggestion Smile

But I'll check the new PDF reDirect version also and post here if that works with UNC paths on my PC.

IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version