Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Outlook Post Reply Post New Topic
SICO

Quote SICO Replybullet Topic: Outlook
    Posted: 28 Oct 08 at 12:21PM
Hi,
we are trying to send pdf from Microsoft Outlook. 
The batch printer generate the pdf file, open the new email, and attach to it the new pdf document, but we can't keep the signature that we have assigned to all new e-mail (in MS Outlook settings), that is we opened the mail but without the signatures attached to this.

Anyone know how solve this?
Thanks, and congratulations for the software.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 28 Oct 08 at 11:35PM
Hi,

I'm sorry: I am a touch confused about what you are trying to do with respect to the signature. Are you referring to a digital signature applied with a valid signature certificate? Or are you talking about the Outlook signature which is just basic text (and/or picture)?

Perhaps a couple of sample PDF files or screenshots might help me visualize the problem?

Best regards,

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
SICO

Quote SICO Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 08 at 8:51AM
frist of all, thanks, and in second place i'm sorry my english i'm a spanish's speaker and problably i don't explain fine.

we're talking about the Outlook signature which is just basic text, well in our case is a html template.

When we try to send pdf with Oultook, not with internal configuration of "PDF reDirect", the outlook open the new email, but without this html template, although the batch printer add the pdf file to email with no problem.

We're trying to do with Office XP and 2003 versions, and with a batch printer which we've created from "PDF reDirect".
I think the problem is the format of new email, is it?

thanks for all
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 29 Oct 08 at 9:04PM
Hi,

I understand much better: thank you.

I tried the following. I opened Windows Explorer, right-clicked on a text file, and chose "Send To >> Mail Recipient" and the same problem that you described occurred for me too. The draft e-mail was missing my signature.

This sounds like this is the way Outlook works: that an externally initiated e-mail will not incorporate the signature. I checked the options/settings in Outlook, and I was not able to find any choices for changing this behaviour.

I did a search on the Internet using Google, and I was not able to find a fix for this problem. Maybe it's worth complaining to Microsoft so that they can fix this problem.

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Mesquire

Quote Mesquire Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 08 at 8:54PM
Yes, this is behaviour by design.  In addition to lack of signature, any request for delivery/read receipts are also disabled, but you can add the signature manually with each message.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version