Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: How to modify header/footer PDF reDirect creates? Post Reply Post New Topic
apb0

Quote apb0 Replybullet Topic: How to modify header/footer PDF reDirect creates?
    Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 6:08PM
When I create a new PDF, I wind up with the same header all the time - for a document that I created a year ago.

The footer says Printed for [me] and the correct date, but also has an out-of-date email address.

I have looked in Preferences and don't see where I could change these two things; also didn't find anything in a search of this forum.

Thanks in advance--
APB in CT
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 9:23PM
Hi,

Looks like you have a stamp pre-selected to be turned on by default. You can turn that off as follows:
  • Start PDF reDirect manually via the Start Menu >> Programs >> PDF reDirect v2
  • Look at the Right-Hand "Settings" column, under the purple header called "Stamps". Scroll that list of stamps until you find the one that is selected (checked). Uncheck it, but also make sure that it is Highlighted.
  • Click the Checkmark button in the Stamps header
  • Uncheck the setting that says "Pre-select Stamp Automatically at Startup"
    That should fix the problem you are having.

Best regards,

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
apb0

Quote apb0 Replybullet Posted: 27 Jan 08 at 11:50PM
Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I don't have a "Stamps" header in the Settings column; I have just "Printer Output Settings" and "Security".  (Below "Security" is the Preview pane.)

I neglected to indicate that I am using the freeware version of PDF reDirect v2; perhaps that makes a difference?

--APB in CT
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 08 at 12:02AM
Hi,

Yes it does. Could the header have been added by the program from which you are printing from, such as MS Word? MS Word (and Excel) give you Header/footer options that could do what you are describing.

The only other way to add Header/Footers would be through PDF reDirect Pro. As a freeware user, I do not believe that you can get the header/footer stamps to appear (I would have to recheck the source code, but I am pretty sure).

Cheers!

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
apb0

Quote apb0 Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 08 at 12:33AM
Hmmm.  I have never used the Pro version as far as I know.

The header is always the same, and relates to a document I created in April '07.  This header appears regardless of the current source (Word, IE Firefox, whatever).

The footer has the current day's date.

Any further thoughts?

If necessary, I'll uninstall and reinstall the program ... or perhaps do a trial Pro period and see what happens when it ends.

--APB
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 08 at 8:08PM
Hi,

Instead of uninstall/reinstall which would not work, because your settings file is not deleted (it's very small), I would do as you suggested: Activate the "Pro" version to check the stamp settings. You can return to the Freeware version by going into the Preferences and selecting PDF reDirect Freeware as the "startup mode".

Alternatively, you can simply delete the following folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR_USERNAME\Application Data\PDF reDirect\Stamps

The folder will be re-constructed automatically the next time you start the program, and any preset stamps will be reset.

I hope this does the trick for you.

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version