Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Startup/Last Accessed Pref and Mapped Drives Post Reply Post New Topic
Eon-Repair

Quote Eon-Repair Replybullet Topic: Startup/Last Accessed Pref and Mapped Drives
    Posted: 03 Dec 23 at 5:45PM
Good Day,

I'm noticing behavior on Windows Server 2022 where individuals are unable to utilize the "Startup Directory" settings with mapped drives. I was curious if anyone else has dealt with this or knows of a fix.

Basically, if someone either last works out of a drive mapped at user logon or supplies the path in settings (M:\work for example), the next time they start the app, that setting will be disregarded and a seemingly random location chosen instead. If we use the UNC path for that share path instead (\\FileServer\M$\work), these settings are saved and work as expected.

Is there some configuration I can change to fix this behavior? The drives are mapped at user login using the "set" command and the app seeing it all after it starts up, but doesnt want to work with it for the startup options.

I appreciate any insight that can be given.

Thanks all very much.
IP IP Logged
Eon-Repair

Quote Eon-Repair Replybullet Posted: 12 Dec 23 at 10:14AM
I've tried making alterations to the path listed at several locations and tried tracking down registry modifications that might help force this to work, but I cant find anything that impacts this control. If I come up with anything, I'll post it here, but so far I have not found anything to impact this behavior.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 21 Dec 23 at 11:34PM
I have been travelling for a contract and will be back soon, and will see if I can replicate the problem.
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version