Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Where did "Append" go? Post Reply Post New Topic
linksavage

Quote linksavage Replybullet Topic: Where did "Append" go?
    Posted: 16 Feb 06 at 11:36AM
I was using the free version which had an append option. Then I uninstalled. Then I installed the Pro version, which has since expired and reverted back to Free. I no longer see the Append option. Can someone help?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 06 at 1:39PM
Hi,

Yes, I can help, and I have some good news. The "Append" feature of v2.0 has been upgraded in the v2.1 to the full blown "Merge List" feature which used to be available only in the Pro version.

This means that you can now "append", "prepend" or combine multiple PDF files into a single file. (the good news part). However, merging files together is slightly different.

You can drag (or use the add button in the Merge list) to bring an existing PDF into the Merge List where the current printer output is currently located, make sure the order is correct, then save back directly to the existing file: this would give you the same effect as the old "append" feature.

Also, a new handy feature is that the User Interface does not close automatically after saving. This means that you can "accumulate" mutiple pring jobs into the Merge List like a Word document plus a chart from Excel plus a schedule from MS Project, then hit save only once to combine them all into 1 PDF file.

If you want additional information, you can read the user's guide section on this topic [here].

Also, a picture is worth a thousand word, so the following screenshot should help you visualize what I said.

Edited by Michel_K17
IP IP Logged
linksavage

Quote linksavage Replybullet Posted: 16 Feb 06 at 2:04PM
Thanks! That's what I needed to know!!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version