Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Will not start the Outlook editor Post Reply Post New Topic
syan

Quote syan Replybullet Topic: Will not start the Outlook editor
    Posted: 01 Feb 06 at 3:54AM
I have configerd PDFredirect to use outlook and also use the outlook editor (startup a new e-mail in outlook with the PDF already attached). We use Exchange with outlook 2003.

Problem is that the outlook editor (a new e-mail in outlook) is not started when I print a PDF.

There are no error and I use "outlook" as profile.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 06 at 12:33AM
Hello,

Thank you for letting me know of this problem. I went out and purchased Outlook 2003, and was able to duplicate the problem right away. It seems like the problem is with Outlook 2003 and not with Exchange.

The Outlook 2003 mail program generates the following error message: "Error Number : 32002 Unspecified Failure has occurred.". Thankfully, I was able to find a reference from someone on the internet that reported the same problem. Apparently, Outlook 2003 will reject the e-mail when I try to setup an e-mail with no text AND an attachment (the PDF file).

I have changed the code to add a blank space character (" ") in the message field, and it seems to work fine now (ie the Outlook form appears normally). I am re-compiling the program right away and will release the patch this evening as v2.1.6.

Please let me know if it fixes the problem you are having.

Regards,

Michel
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 06 at 1:39AM

Hi,

I have completed the patch to v2.1.6. Simply go into the "Preferences" section of PDF reDirect Pro, and click on the "ChecK Web for Updates" button to begin the automatic download and upgrade process.

Alternatively, you can download the patch manually:

• PDF reDirect Freeware [here]
  • PDF reDirect Pro [here]

Regards,

Michel

IP IP Logged
syan

Quote syan Replybullet Posted: 02 Feb 06 at 2:48AM
Thanks Michel,

Ik going to test it...

But I still have a problem. I use PDF Redirect 1.7, becource this version had no pdf "merge list" function. I DO NOT want this option. It resulted in two merge mistakes sending un intended pfd's to customers.

Can you update 1.7 ? or is there an opstion in 2.1 to switch of the merge option?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 03 Feb 06 at 12:33AM
You are welcome. Sorry to hear of the merge errors: I have not experienced those, but you are right that the file can get "re-processed" to ensure that the metadata and other options are properly updated in case they were changed.

So to answer your question: I would not normally upate v1.7, but the change you are asking is so easy (1 line of code + 1 hour for the re-compile of the program, installation script and quality checks), then I will consider making it for you. If you could confirm that the change I made for you worked first, I would appreciate it.

As for changing v2.1: I could, for example, add a "right-click >> send by e-mail" command to bypass the merge process. I will add that to my todo list.
IP IP Logged
syan

Quote syan Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 06 at 10:57AM
Yes please...! the change to v1.7 will do nicely and I will really appreciat it.

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 11 Feb 06 at 3:40PM
   PDF reDirect Pro v1.7.7 has now been updated to v1.7.8 as requested. You can download it [here]. This version adds compatibility with Outlook 2003.

Release Notes:
  1. This is a full install, not an upgrade.
  2. It is strongly that you reboot BEFORE installing. If you decide not to reboot, then please make sure you close all programs before installing. If you get an error such as "3008", then reboot and try again.
  3. You do not need to remove v1.7.7 before installing v1.7.8.
  4. The first time you try to use PDF reDirect Pro v1.7.8, it is possible that the PDF will not be created. Simply close the program and try again: it should work fine at the second attempt.

Edited by Michel_K17
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version