Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Problems with quotes and umlauts Post Reply Post New Topic
wildgrube

Quote wildgrube Replybullet Topic: Problems with quotes and umlauts
    Posted: 13 Dec 05 at 3:27PM

Hi there,

when using Word 2003 and Arial all German umlaut characters and quotation marks are replaced by strange characters in the resulting pdf. If I use TimesNewRoman it works.

Seems to be a bug. Is there any schedule for a fix?

best regards,

Sascha.

IP IP Logged
wildgrube

Quote wildgrube Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 05 at 4:11PM

The EURO currency symbol also doesn't work properly with Arial.

Both TimesNewRoman and Tahoma work properly.

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 13 Dec 05 at 7:27PM
Hello,

Sorry to hear of the problem, but I think I have some possible solutions for you (I don't know if you are using PDF reDirect or PDF reDirect Pro):

1. One of the solutions is to change a setting in the printer driver which will force the TrueType fonts not to be converted to Postscript Type 1 Fonts. This seems to resolve most issues involving fonts, but may create slightly larger PDF files. This setting is changed in the Printer Control Panel (See the screenshot below for an explanation on which setting to change).
  2. The second option (if you are using PDF reDirect Pro) is to upgrade to the latest version of PDF reDirect Professional BETA. It uses a newer printer driver which addresses that issue. The latest version is v2.0.908 and is available on the forum [here]
  3. If you are using PDF reDirect Freeware, the new version (v2.1) with the new printer driver (and many new features) will be released on Dec 19th. You could wait until that date to upgrade. This version should also fix the problem.

I hope that helps. If it does not, please send me by e-mail a copy of the Word 2003 file that is gicing you trouble and I will take a look.

Michel

IP IP Logged
wildgrube

Quote wildgrube Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 05 at 5:04AM

Hi there,

thanks for the fast reply. I'm using the freeware but this might change ;-).

Changing the setting "TrueType download option" didn't work out. I've tried every option. I will take a look at the Dec 19th release then.

Thanks,

Sascha.

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 14 Dec 05 at 2:31PM
Hi,

Thanks for the update Sascha. Feel free to send me a sample Word 2003 document: I can try to duplicate the problem, and confirm if it is fixed in the new version.

My e-mail is exp_at_exp-systems.com (just replace the "_at_" with the "@" symbol).

Regards,
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version