Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Bookmarks after merge. Not there. Post Reply Post New Topic
creeker69

Quote creeker69 Replybullet Topic: Bookmarks after merge. Not there.
    Posted: 16 Jun 14 at 8:29AM
Hello all:

Hopefully I can explain my question.  I start with with two pdf files, each containing 50 bookmarks.  I merge them together using PDF reDIRECT but only the first 50 bookmarks appear in the merged file.  

I have tried this multiple times, changing the saved name, etc. but they all do the same thing.  It is so odd to have go to the final bookmark and all of the rest of the documents are under the last bookmark.  

Oh, in case it may matter, the bookmarks are merely sequential numbers, like 51910 51911 51912 and so on. 

In the merged pdf file, all the remaining pages are under the last bookmark number, like 51959 or whatever the number happens to be.

Any ideas how to get all the bookmarks too?   It IS merging the documents and in the proper order, just not updating bookmarks.

Thanks,
Creeker69
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 14 at 4:44AM
Hi,

I am sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing with PDF redirect.

Can I ask you try the latest version (v2.5.4 beta)? This version has a new PDF management system which may have addressed the problem you are describing. You can download this new version from here:
http://www.exp-systems.com/forum_exp/forum_posts.asp?TID=1142

Kindest regards,
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
creeker69

Quote creeker69 Replybullet Posted: 17 Jun 14 at 10:13AM
I down loaded the Beta Version.  Same issue.  I tried multiple combinations of merges.  No matter what I try, the only bookmarks in the merged file are from the first file in the merge list.  

Even if there is no bookmark in the first file, or just one page in the first file, it takes the bookmark properties of the first file in the merge list as the bookmarks for the merged file.   BUT, it does merge ALL the pages, just does not have the bookmarks past the last bookmark of the first file form the merge list.

Thanks,
Creeker69
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 14 at 9:12AM
OK, thank you.

I will contact the manufacturer of the PDF management library that we use, and see if we can have them make a correction to their code.

Unfortunately, as they make releases only every 3 months, it may take a bit of time before a fix is available.

Kindest regards,
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version