Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Can I Crop? Post Reply Post New Topic
Jeff1321

Quote Jeff1321 Replybullet Topic: Can I Crop?
    Posted: 12 Apr 11 at 9:48AM
I am looking to purchase the Pro version, but want to know if I will be able to crop individual pages. I looked for an answer in the forums and other places on the site, but could not find an answer. Thank you for your time.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 11 at 9:06PM
Hello Jeff,

Thank you for your interest in PDF reDirect Pro.

If by "cropping", you mean to "delete" or remove a page, then yes you can. If by cropping, you mean to make a page physically smaller, then I'm afraid not. You would need to print to the correct size paper from the start. You could try to "reprint", and map a page to a smaller paper size. That's the only option that I would know of, but it would not be very practical.

I hope this helps.

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Jeff1321

Quote Jeff1321 Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 11 at 9:28PM
Perhaps I should explain a little more. There are times when I need to scan music I have written and sometimes the margins are not what I need for a full 8 1/2 x 11 or it's too small. So I guess I was looking to "crop" away the excess. I don't want to mess with my originals and otherwise them I am making a copy of an original and then scanning and it starts to lose some resolution.

Does that make more sense?

Thanks for your help....
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 12 Apr 11 at 11:57PM
Hi,

OK, I get it.

Take your piece of paper, and look at what size it is. Let's say it's 5x7. Go into PDF reDirect Pro >> Preferences >> Properties >> Custom Paper Size >> and create a new paper size which is 5.5x7.5.

Now, scan/print your scanned music, and choose the output to go to the new paper size you created above. As a result, your music should fit just inside your new paper size, with a small (0.25") border all around.

There is another alternative. You can use the scaling (zoom) feature to make the scan a little bit larger so that it fits on your standard 8.5x11 sheet of paper. To change that setting, you can either go through the Windows Control Panel >> Printer >> PDF reDirect >> (right-click) Properties >> Advanced.

Or, you can get there too via the PDF reDirect Pro >> Preferences >> Properties >> Advanced >> Scaling.

The scaling setting applies to the next print job, and cannot be applied re-retroactively to an existing PDF file.

I hope that answers the question better.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version