Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Merging Several Different Outputs Post Reply Post New Topic
JRASystems

Quote JRASystems Replybullet Topic: Merging Several Different Outputs
    Posted: 26 Mar 11 at 4:15PM
I have several pages of written text (1 of 3 / 2 of 3 / 3 of 3) that I scan into .jpg image files and want to print to a single PDF file.  Currently I'm printing the first one, then printing the second one and appending the first, then printing the third one while appending the file with the first and second. 

It seems PDF-Redirect Pro has the capability to create the merge list with the three outputs and print / output them all in a single operation, but I don't know how to do it.

Thanks in advance.  This product is a great value for the money.

IP IP Logged
BHamm

Quote BHamm Replybullet Posted: 04 May 11 at 7:13PM
I may not be understanding your question, but this is how I would do what I think you're trying to do:  Go to the program that you're printing the .jpg files from and print the first one to PDF reDirect.  PDF reDirect comes up, but don't do anything with that - just go back to your JPG program and print the second .jpg file.  Same way for the third.  Each time you print a file to PDF reDirect without closing it, the next files is just added to the merge list.  Once you've got all three, go back to PDF reDirect and hit Save which saves all three merged together to a single PDF file.  It's so simple, it's easy to miss!
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 07 May 11 at 11:57AM
Thanks BHammm for posting the answer. You are correct: that is the way to go.

JRASystems: sorry for not replying to your post back in March. I must have missed the auto-notification that there was a new forum posting waiting for me to reply to.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version