Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Wrong page formats Post Reply Post New Topic
kgunch

Quote kgunch Replybullet Topic: Wrong page formats
    Posted: 08 Sep 10 at 6:10PM
I merged a number of pdf files that all were laid out in Landscape, but the merged file was in Portrait, which obviously cut off parts of the pages.  Any fix?

Thanks
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 09 Sep 10 at 6:59AM
Hi,

I am sorry to hear of the problem, but I think I know what happened.

In every PDF, there is a paper orientation value (Portrait or Landscape) and there is a view rotation (0 deg, 90 deg, etc.).

I suspect that what could have happened, is that you had one file in landscape mode with the viewing angle set to 0 deg and that you were merging that file with another which had the base orientation set to be in  Portrait mode, and that the viewing angle was set to be 90 deg so it would appear in Landscape mode.

In terms of a fix: I will be introducing a "rotate page" feature as part of the next upgrade to PDF reDirect. In the mean time, you can select "Print" from the PDF Reader so that the PDF appears as a Printer Output file in the Merge List. For each file in the Merge List (or as a group), you can change the page rotation in the Upper RH side of the program in the Printer Output Settings area to set what you need.

I hope that makes sense, and helps resolve the problem.

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version