Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: making color text cut/paste’able Post Reply Post New Topic
paulzimmer

Quote paulzimmer Replybullet Topic: making color text cut/paste’able
    Posted: 10 Feb 05 at 9:31AM
I downloaded the latest version, and was pleased to find a way to turn off the feature that makes text unable to be cut/paste'd. BTW, it appears this only "sticks" after you exit the pdf redirect window and go back in.

Unfortunately, this switch only seems to work on plain black & white text. I have some color syntax highlighted code in my paper (in Word) that I can cut/paste within XP just fine, but the pdf redirect output can't be cut/paste'd.

Presumably, this is something to do with Rich Text Format. It would be ok with me if the cut buffer ended up with the B&W text - as long as it is text.

Any ideas? Is this an enhancement request? If so, how do I submit it - all the *@exp-systems email address refuse to accept mail.
IP IP Logged
paulzimmer

Quote paulzimmer Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 05 at 9:40AM
A-ha. Based on another forum posting, I discovered it isn't the color that's bother it - it's the font. I'm using "courier new". I guess there's no way around this (the conference has specific fonts they prefer).

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 10 Feb 05 at 4:07PM
Hi,

Yes indeed. IF you have your heart set on Courier New, I can help you out. Courier New is a font that can be made "copy and pastable". I removed it from the package as it causes the PDF engine (GNU Ghostscript) to crash if the user made a printer output setting change, and generated a new PDF. Mind you, it might be stable if AFPL Ghostscript v8.00 (which PDF reDirect Pro does support as well), but I have not tested that combination.

At any rate, if you have your heart set on it, I can get compile for you a version of PDF reDirect Pro which includes "Courier New" as a "standard font"... as long as you are aware of the possible crashing issue.

I'm sorry to hear about the e-mail problem. I have been receiving 5 to 20 e-mails a day, so I thought it was all working. I switched providers last week, and perhaps not is all well. I will look into it, and get back to you.

Thank you for letting me know of the problem.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 20 Mar 05 at 6:09PM
Note: v2.0.14 now includes the Courier Font as a "standard font" which can be copy-and-pasted. The bug/crashing issue with that font has been fixed with v2.0.14.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version