Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Citrix & Windows Terminal Server (Beta)
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Citrix & Windows Terminal Server (Beta)
Topic: Designating which users get Pro access... Post Reply Post New Topic
ccmangum

Quote ccmangum Replybullet Topic: Designating which users get Pro access...
    Posted: 29 Mar 10 at 6:15PM
I'm contemplating installing Pro on our Terminal server, but desire to restrict it's usage due to keeping licening costs down. There are only 7 people of the 35-45 that use Terminal services that will need the functionality Pro offers.
Is there a way to restrict which users can use Pro? How does licening work for Pro on a Terminal Server? We currently have enough to cover the installs on the desktop for the users in question. Would I need to buy an additional one per user for the terminal server or one for the server itself?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 10 at 1:25AM
Hi,

For what you are asking, you do not need a license for the server, but rather, a license for each user (ie the 7 licenses). Note: We do offer a server license, but this is for automated use of PDF reDirect Pro Batch printers with no user interaction.

Yes, you can restrict which users get the licenses by registering the program for these users only (the other users would see PDF reDirect Pro in "demo" mode). What I would do is install the freeware version first (so that all users at least get that) - and for the 7 Pro users, you could have them switch to the "Pro" mode, and then enter their license key for each. If you cannot upgrade the 7 users to "Pro" mode from within the program due to privileges issues, simply edit the preferences file (C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\App Data\PDF reDirect\Prefs_v2.ini) so that the entry "Pro_Mode" is set from "0" to "-1". Ie:

-->Pro_Mode=-1

I hope this helps.
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
dorsal

Quote dorsal Replybullet Posted: 25 Nov 11 at 12:26AM
Well, truth be told, licensing costs are the only thing that is keeping me from installing Pro in my Windows Terminal Server. However, since the functionality is doubly increased by using Pro, I am considering it. But it would be nice if I could restrict users without the need for seven licenses
Can We use PDF redirect Pro for resume services, is it a viable option?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 27 Nov 11 at 10:54PM
Hi Dorsal,

Your best bet then is to keep most of your users on the Freeware version (PDF reDirect Freeware), and only upgrade the users that need the Pro version (1, 2, or whatever - it does not need to be 7).

I hope that helps,

Michel

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version