Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PDF reDirect Pro Beta
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : PDF reDirect Pro Beta
Topic: Feature request - printed file path Post Reply Post New Topic
Cakewalker

Quote Cakewalker Replybullet Topic: Feature request - printed file path
    Posted: 28 Jan 10 at 9:42AM
Is it possible to have the option in the Startup Directory to start up in the folder that the file being printed from resides? For example, if you wish to print D:\Letters\Angela.rtf to PDF then PDF ReDirect opens with the D:\Letters folder open. Am I right in thinking that, when a file is printed, it's filename and path are sent to the printer?

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 28 Jan 10 at 10:38PM
Hi,

I wish, but no such luck. There is a custom data field where the programmer can send data to the printer. Microsoft is consistent about sending only the name of the file, and other programs are hit and miss about what they send.

This is how you can walk up to a modern copier/printer and see the filenames in the queue.

And that's about it. I do not know of any program that sends the entire path + filename. Therefore, in PDF reDirect, I do not know how to point to the original folder. In the Pro version, there is a feature that recall past folders accessed, and that's pretty useful, but that's the best I can do.

I hope that helps.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version