Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
PDF reDirect Pro Beta
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : PDF reDirect Pro Beta
Topic: Empty PDF information fields after saving Post Reply Post New Topic
hrn108

Quote hrn108 Replybullet Topic: Empty PDF information fields after saving
    Posted: 01 Dec 09 at 3:28AM
A feature request: could the "PDF information fields" Author/Title/Subject/Keywords be cleared after saving, like the "Empry the Merge list after saving"-option?

Filling in the metadata of the PDFs a very fine way to make your PDF's better accessible: those fields are scanned by index servers and shown in a result-list.
But when you'forget to empty the fields when printing several documents in succes, all the metadata is the same!
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 01 Dec 09 at 11:53PM
Hi,

Yes, I can add that. All the fields do clear in between sessions except for the Author field, but I could also replace all the fields with dropdown boxes that would "remember" old settings so that they do not need to be retyped.

I am not sure if you are aware, but you can edit the metadata of existing PDF files in PDF reDirect Pro. With the buttons, you can retrieve the existing data or set new values. It's explained in the help file.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
hrn108

Quote hrn108 Replybullet Posted: 04 Dec 09 at 2:45AM
Michel,

that would be great. I noticed the butoons earlier, but the metadata is not in the file yet, so I will have to put it in myself. But, with printing something of 30 files a day I tend to forget to append the new metadata, so files get stuck with wrong metadata.
I'm looking forward to the new feature.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version