Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: User Interface stopped working error Post Reply Post New Topic
ekaminer

Quote ekaminer Replybullet Topic: User Interface stopped working error
    Posted: 24 Feb 09 at 8:11PM
I got the following error when using Vista 64 bit.

"User interface for PDF reDirect has stoppped working"

I get this when printing from MS Office 2003 and 2007.  It happens with reDirect Freeware and Pro.

I know you probably never tested with x64 but I figured I would give you the heads up.

BTW, I love your software and recommend it all the time.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 25 Feb 09 at 10:27PM
Hi,

Actually, I did quite a bit of development to ensure that PDF reDirect would work on the x64 platform (in fact, I have two test PCs running Vista x64). In particular, I had to update and re-compile the printer port monitor code as 64 bit code because, as it is part of the printer driver code, it cannot run as 32 bit code.

The program "User interface..." is, however, 32 bit code, running in the "Windows on Windows" environment which allows running "old" 32 bit code on an x64 system. That particular program is not performance critical, so doing so is OK.

My recommendation: try a reboot first. If that does not fix it, try printing from a different application such as Notepad, and post back the results, and we can take it from there. In particular, I might have to ask you to record an error log so that we can figure out what is going on.

By the way, thank you for your kind words: they were appreciated. And sorry for forgetting to reply yesterday. I meant too, and then forgot: my bad.

Cheers!

Michel

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version