Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: ZoneAlarm False Positive Post Reply Post New Topic
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Topic: ZoneAlarm False Positive
    Posted: 05 Aug 06 at 3:22PM
   I have been informed that some versions of Zone Alarm will report that PDF reDirect is "suspicious" and tries to record keystrokes and/or mouse movements. The warning that you may get may look like the following:

I believe that this problem is a "false positive". Zone Alarm, on their web site, has the following statement: "Sometimes the Zone Labs Spyware Scanner inappropriately detects an application as Spyware." (Reference is here). I contacted ZoneAlarm on three occasions, and I have yet to receive a reply from them. Here is what has happened so far:
  1. 10 Aug 05 - filled Zone Alarm's False Positive web form. No answer received.
  2. 29 Jan 06 - Sent an e-mail to Zonealarm reminding them that I had not received a reply. No answer.
  3. 3 Aug 06 - Re-submitted a "false positive" web form on Zone Alarm's web site. 2 Minutes later, I received the following e-mail from "postmaster@zonelabs.com": This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification. Delivery to the following recipients failed. mrichards@zone.checkpoint.com.
  4. 4 Aug 06 - Contacted ZoneAlarm via their general support web site to inform them of the above problem. So far, no answer received.

And that's the story so far. I will provide updates when/if ZoneAlarm ever replies to my requests for help. In the mean time, I can only re-iterate that PDF reDirect is not a keylogging program, or spyware, or malware.

Edited by Michel_K17
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 21 Aug 06 at 10:41PM
I have received the following e-mail from Zone Labs which confirms that PDF reDirect has checked out OK and will no longer generate the warning. See below for the e-mail:

--------------------------------------

Sent: Monday, August 21, 2006 5:13 PM
Subject: RE: Spyware Reporting Web Form:

Hi Michel,

I've downloaded and installed your program in order to add it to our applications database. I've added it to our database and I hope the warnings you are seeing will be gone.

Regards,
Yaniv Kaul
Zone Labs.

Edited by Michel_K17
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version