Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Got PDF Engine Error. (Error Code: -100) Post Reply Post New Topic
sqlis

Quote sqlis Replybullet Topic: Got PDF Engine Error. (Error Code: -100)
    Posted: 17 Dec 05 at 7:18AM
I have PDF reDirect v2.0.16 running on Windows XP.  When I logged as an admin, I can print to a pdf file with no problem.  However, when I logged in as a regular user on the same computer, I get the following error:

PDF Engine Error. (Error Code: -100) File not created

When this happened my CPU got hang up (running at 100%).  I tried printing using different programs (IE explorer, Word, etc.) but none works.  I like this program very much and am thinking about upgrading to the pro version in the future if I can get this problem fixed.  I'm running on a new laptop so everything should be up-to-date.  Hoping for a solution.  Thanks!

Edited by sqlis
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 17 Dec 05 at 4:47PM
Hi!

Come back on Monday, Dec 19. The new version 2.1 will be available for download on some time during that day. It has many new features, and is also compatible with users who have reduced priviledges.
IP IP Logged
sqlis

Quote sqlis Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 05 at 7:09PM

I've just installed the new version 2.1 and it still does not work. 

Like before, it works if I log in XP as an admin, but does not when I log in as a regular user.  I followed your instruction (reboot, quit program before instl, tried printing again) but it does not help.  When I print, I would see a status red bar under "preview" in the print window and it looks like the bar is increasing very very slowly.  I would get the same error (-100) as before.

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 19 Dec 05 at 10:40PM
Hi,

I'm not sure what is going on. Please go into the Preferences and turn on the error logging. Then Exit the program. Finally, try to create a new PDF (via the "Print" command of any program. Wait until you get the -100 error, then go back into the Preferences and click the "Submit a Bug Report" button. Fill out the form and send me the error log (it's all automatic). Once I receive the log, I will take a look: hopefully I can figure out what is going on.
IP IP Logged
sqlis

Quote sqlis Replybullet Posted: 20 Dec 05 at 6:22PM

I replicated the problem but when I tried to submit the bug report I got the error "could not connect to EXP server...".  If you like I can email you the error report.

I just found out that if I were to open pdf redirect first (have it active on my desktop) before I print, it would work.  If it's not open and I click print on my application, I get the error.  Hope this helps.

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 20 Dec 05 at 7:02PM

Hi,

Actually, your observation might indeed be useful. I am wondering what kind of computer you have (speed wise). It is (remotely) possible that the conversion to PDF tries to occur too quickly, before the printer has written all of the output data. I say "remotely" because there is code that ensures that this problem does not occur, but you never knows.

Yes, please do e-mail the log files. You should find it in your "Applications" folder like so:

C:\Documents and Settings\Your_User_Name\Application Data\PDF reDirect\Bug_Reports\

I need the two following two files: Log_CA.txt and Log_UI.txt (or the "combined report if it is there). Feel free to take a peek if you want!

I have checked the server, and it seems to be available. Do you have a firewall that is preventing access?

Thanks!

Michel

IP IP Logged
larson

Quote larson Replybullet Posted: 22 Dec 05 at 6:17AM

Hello,

We got the same error. We have version 2.0.16 installed.
But i`ve found a solution which worked for us. The problem for the specific user was, that he wasn`t added as a local user. All users here are domain users. So i added him as a local user with Power User rights and the problem was fixed.

Hope it works for you to?

IP IP Logged
sqlis

Quote sqlis Replybullet Posted: 22 Dec 05 at 6:47PM
Thanks for your help.  I have Windows XP Home Edition and unfortunately it does not have ability to grant power user status but only admin, limited user, and guest.  In any case, I think it may be because of the firewall setup on my laptop so I just may have to tweak it a little.  Thanks again for the great support from Michel. It's truly a useful program that everyone who prints should have.  Signing out and have a great holiday! 
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 22 Dec 05 at 10:50PM
Hi sqlis. You are welcome. Thanks for posting back the final outcome! Have a good holiday season too!

To "Larson": Interesting solution you presented. I had not realized that a domain vs local user would have made a difference. I believe that the new v2.1 should work without you having to make any special arrangements. Let me know if that is not the case.
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version