Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Feature request Post Reply Post New Topic
CharlesF

Quote CharlesF Replybullet Topic: Feature request
    Posted: 14 Sep 12 at 2:50PM
Michel,

Is it possible to add code to Batch printers to allow specified programs to be launched when a PDF is created, and the names of created files passed to these programs.

I have a customer who would like to be able to eMail PDF created by PDFR using a command line mailer such as Blat which can accept named attachments passwed to it.

This would also be very useful for customers who do not use either Outlook or Thunderbird, but use mail clients (e.g., Pegasus Mail) which can accept and send eMails with named attachments using commandline switches.

Regards,
Charles

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 12 at 9:29AM
Hello Charles,

This feature is on my "todo" list of the next version, so it will be there, but I am not sure yet when this version will come out. I am programming the improvements, and making some headway, but the goal line is still a bit far to predict the release date yet.

Good suggestion: this will be useful when it comes out!

Cheers!
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 16 Sep 12 at 9:32AM
Hi,

Here is the way I described my plan: ie I plan to do a bit more than what you are suggesting, which hopefully will be useful. In particular, you would be able to pass control to a custom external program to do anything one would want:

Add ability for Batch Printer to run an external program after the PDF file is created (for custom post-processing). Includes the ability to pass commands in the command line (plus my own standard data like where the file was created)

Cheers!
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
CharlesF

Quote CharlesF Replybullet Posted: 20 Sep 12 at 2:31PM
Originally posted by Michel_K17

Hi,

Here is the way I described my plan: ie I plan to do a bit more than what you are suggesting, which hopefully will be useful. In particular, you would be able to pass control to a custom external program to do anything one would want:

Add ability for Batch Printer to run an external program after the PDF file is created (for custom post-processing). Includes the ability to pass commands in the command line (plus my own standard data like where the file was created)

Cheers!

Can't wait!

Regards,
Charles
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version