Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Problem with decrypting a PDF Post Reply Post New Topic
psbjr

Quote psbjr Replybullet Topic: Problem with decrypting a PDF
    Posted: 21 Mar 12 at 9:28PM
Help!

I am fairly new to reDirect and generally like it, especially because I can use it to encrypt existing PDFs quite easily.

However, I am having a problem decrypting PDFs.  I am running version 2.5.0.2.  When I try to decrypt a PDF file that encrypted using 1298 bit AES, everything seems to go nicely.  (The file was originally encrypted by another person who also used reDirect.)  The program reports that the file is decrypted, but when I try to access it with Adobe Reader version 10.1.2, I get a message that it cannot read the file and a cryptic error code 14.  No other diagnostic from Reader.

Any suggestions?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 12 at 1:36PM
Hi,

I tested PDF reDirect, and I was able to encrypt and/or lock files, and remove the encryption (all types) without any difficulties (including opening in the Reader). I double-checked this morning to confirm.

Are you sure that the file you received was encrypted using AES 128 bit? For example, I plan to add 256 bit encryption at the next release.

Also, are you sure you have the correct Password? You need to make sure you have the Master Password for the file, not the regular 'open" password.

Also, if you have a sample PDF file with no confidential data which was decrypted, but does not open with the error messages that you mentioned - can I get a copy to do some diagnostics on it? That would be very useful to help trouble shoot. You can contact me at exp (at) exp-systems (dot) com.

Thanks!
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version