Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Features of PDF ReDirect 'Free' Version Post Reply Post New Topic
Sunny01

Quote Sunny01 Replybullet Topic: Features of PDF ReDirect 'Free' Version
    Posted: 07 Feb 12 at 3:21PM

Hello.

I know that PDF Redirect converts files to PDF and can merge unlimited files at a time-Can it split an unlimited number and size of files too?

If PDF Redirect can convert, split, and merge 'all in one' then there is no need to use a converter program 'and' a 'merge/split' program like I am doing now.

I am using Windows XP Prof. When installing PDF Redirect, since I already have GhostScript installed, I can just leave it installed since PDF Redirect uses that program too-Correct?

If I ever want to delete it, do I just delete it from the Windows directory under 'GPLGS' because it is not listed in 'Add/Remove Programs' or on the 'Start Menu?'

Also, how can an account be 'closed?'

Thanks in Advance.

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 12 at 10:41PM

Hi,

Here are the answers to the questions you raised.

I know that PDF Redirect converts files to PDF and can merge unlimited files at a time-Can it split an unlimited number and size of files too?

Yes, but only with the “Professional” version of PDF reDirect. Use the button with the red arrow in the “Files” header. The feature is called “Extract Pages”.

If PDF Redirect can convert, split, and merge 'all in one' then there is no need to use a converter program 'and' a 'merge/split' program like I am doing now.
Cool! 

I am using Windows XP Prof. When installing PDF Redirect, since I already have GhostScript installed, I can just leave it installed since PDF Redirect uses that program too-Correct?

Yes. If you want to use use your copy of Ghostscript (your version may be more recent), Open the Preferences >> General >> Conversion Engine >>AFPL Ghostscript >> Select your copy of gsdll32.dll.

If I ever want to delete it, do I just delete it from the Windows directory because it is not listed in 'Add/Remove Programs' or on the 'Start Menu?'
 You should find the uninstaller it in the Add/Remove Programs, and in your start menu >> Programs >> PDF reDirect >> Uninstall.

I hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version