Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Problems printing Word 2010 docs with text effects Post Reply Post New Topic
BHamm

Quote BHamm Replybullet Topic: Problems printing Word 2010 docs with text effects
    Posted: 29 Apr 11 at 5:30PM
I'm trying to print a Word 2010 document which contains a line of text with a paragraph border bottom underline (that runs the width of the page).  The text prints fine to PDF reDirect (v.2.5.2) when the text does not have "Text Effects" formatting, but as soon as I apply a Text Effects format to part or all of the text in the line, the bottom underline either doesn't come through at all in the PDF document or it is broken up around the area of the text that has the text effect applied to it.  The text itself appears as it should.  How can I use Text Effects and not cause other printing issues?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 07 May 11 at 11:53AM
Hi,

Sorry for being so late at replying. I missed your post when it came in.

So, I was able to confirm the problem that you described, and that it also occurs with the Adobe Acrobat Distiller PDF as well as my physical laser printer (a Hewlett Packard printer which is not a Postscript printer).

So, this tells us that the problem is with Microsoft Word and how it sends the page data to the printer, and not a problem with PDF reDirect.

Sorry.

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version