Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Scaling Doesn't Work Post Reply Post New Topic
rnedel

Quote rnedel Replybullet Topic: Scaling Doesn't Work
    Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 1:49PM
Hello,

I regularly print a particular downloaded document. That document is too wide to fit on a printed page. As a result, some portion of the right side of the document gets clipped by the right margin.

Previously, with Adobe Acrobat Pro, I had been able to alter advanced options to scale by 95%. This nullified the issue.

I'm new to PDF reDirect Pro. I cannot seem to figure a way to scale these documents in a similar manner. I'm looking for help on how to accomplish this.

I have tried the following:

1. In the PDF OUTPUT FILENAME section at the bottom-center of the PDF reDirect Pro window, I have chosen both FIT WIDTH and 50% ZOOM.

2. I have opened preferences and navigated to the following:

> PREFERENCES
      > PROPERTIES
        > ADVANCED

From this window, I have edited the GRAPHIC > SCALING option to a number of scaling factors ranging from 50% to 95%. I have saved these preferences, and restarted the print (to pdf) job. None seems to have any affect on output.

I can't seem to find any other preferences or controls that would address this issue.

Please help. Without a solution, I think I might have to resort to purchasing another PDF print product. Thanks.

Roger
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 4:05PM
Hi Roger,

You are on the right track with #2. The caveat is that the way you changed it (via PDF reDirect >> Preferences >> Advanced >> Scaling) will change this setting globally (ie for all future print jobs).

By the way, when you make this change, it will be applied to all future print jobs (ie it will not affect any printer output that have already been created and are in the Merge list).

What I do is in the program I am printing on (say MS Word, or Excel), when I choose to "print", I then choose the PDF reDirect printer, then there usually is a "printer properties" button. Click that, then choose Advanced >> Scaling. This will adjust the scaling for this print output only, and not change it for all other prints.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
rnedel

Quote rnedel Replybullet Posted: 06 Mar 11 at 4:49PM
Michel,

Thanks very much. Your solution worked perfectly. I've reset my PDF reDirect preferences back to 100% scale factor, and used the printer preferences that were available as I chose to print the document instead. I appreciate your timely, helpful response.

Roger
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 07 Mar 11 at 7:50PM
You are quite welcome Roger!
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic