Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Programming
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Programming
Topic: Merge Window Post Reply Post New Topic
derekg

Quote derekg Replybullet Topic: Merge Window
    Posted: 07 Feb 11 at 6:06PM
I have a weird issue hoping someone can help me with it...

Basically I am trying to automate a .net application reporting functionality.  This is a 3rd party program and I only have access to their DLL's.  They used PDF reDirect to merge a few pdf from a batch report.  What I have to do is in my code since I can only call the print function, I need to be able to hook onto the created pdf redirect merge window.

Is this possible with the pro version?

Just to repeat, I don't have access to any of the source code to generate and send the pdf documents to the merge window...what I need to do after it is created hook into the window (through com?) and rename the file and directory it should go and close the window.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 08 Feb 11 at 8:06AM
Hi,

It's unlikely that they are using the Merge Window. More likely is that they are using the PDF reDirect ActiveX component to do the merge of the PDF files.

Because the command to merge is sent directly to the ActiveX component, and the command is executed immediately, it is highly unlikely that you will be able to intercept or modify the command.

The ActiveX component for PDF reDirect Pro is [here].

Sorry,

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version