Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Large Word 2000 doc with macros Post Reply Post New Topic
scpdf

Quote scpdf Replybullet Topic: Large Word 2000 doc with macros
    Posted: 18 Jun 10 at 4:38AM
Hi.  I have a Word 2000 document,  Courier text, 113 letter-sized pages, formatting macros embedded in the document.  When I select the PDF reDirect option for printing, the number of pages changes to 101 and the spacing of my document goes awry.

I've already checked the page setup and printer properties to make sure the page sizes are the same.  I also enabled PDF reDirect Pro.  Do you have any other suggestions?  Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 10 at 11:32AM
Hi,

Interesting problem. You've correctly checked the first thing I would have looked for.

So, a couple of things that you can do to help troubleshooting:

1. Do a "Print Preview". Does it look as you expect, or does it look "messed up" as it does in the PDF? This will tell you whether the problem is on the PDF reDirect side, or on the MS Word side. Generally speaking, PDF reDirect is "dumb" in that it does no repagination. It just converts the printer output as it receives it from MS Word.
  2. Start PDF reDirect manually, go into the Preferences >> Properties >> Advanced, and check the paper size there, and set it to the correct value. This will change the default paper size. Some programs use the default paper size rather than the one set manually just before printing (which does not override the default, and therefore, does not "stick")
   I hope that helps.

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
scpdf

Quote scpdf Replybullet Posted: 19 Jun 10 at 5:50PM
Thanks for your response.   I tried your suggestion re starting PDF reDirect manually.  Unfortunately, I have the same problem--113 pgs decrease to 101 whenl I select the PDF reDirect printer from the print menu in Word.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 20 Jun 10 at 11:31PM
Hi,

Sorry to hear that.

Can you share the MS Word document with me (if there is nothing confidential), so that I can duplicate the problem, and find the fix.

You can e-mail to me at exp (at) exp-systems (dot) com.

Thanks,

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 27 Jun 10 at 10:58AM
Hi,

Thanks for the files.

I have sent you the results of my tests. I used a WinXP machine with Word 2000, and Win7 with Word 2003. Unfortunately, I do not see any differences between the two PDF files: they look fine/identical, and match the Word Print Preview output perfectly.

I have also sent you a screenshot of the Word zoom print setting that could affect repagination. Can you check that in your copy of Word to make sure that it is set correctly (no scaling).

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version