Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Programming
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Programming
Topic: Email - BCC and (MAPI) Preview Post Reply Post New Topic
David_Carle

Quote David_Carle Replybullet Topic: Email - BCC and (MAPI) Preview
    Posted: 29 May 09 at 2:07PM
Is there an option to send email to BCC (Blind Copy) recipients?
(I couldn't see any reference to it as a property of oPDF)
If not, can I suggest this as an enhancement request?

Secondly, is there a way to generate the pdf file and sent it to a MAPI mail client (eg Outlook 2003) and give the user the option to preview the email before it is sent, eg amend the subject or body of the email or view the attachment. They would then either send or cancel the email.

Thanks for your help.

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 29 May 09 at 8:08PM
Hi,

Not sure on the BCC thing. I'll go check.

I believe so for your MAPI question. As I recall, the oPDF uses the settings from the main program, so start PDF reDirect Pro >> Preferences >> E-Mail and change the settings to "Use MAPI" and to "draft e-mail using Outlook". I can't remember if the subject/content will carryover into the form. Again, I'll need to go re-check my code.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 09 at 12:19AM
Hi,

I checked my code, and my component overrides the option to open the form for editing, and always default to send the e-mail message. I assumed that for the batch printer, the user would be looking for a more automated way of doing business.

Sorry.

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
David_Carle

Quote David_Carle Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 09 at 6:47PM
Hi Michel

The reason behind the request is that my customer sometimes has to email a single invoice or letter, and would like to be able to review the attachment and/or add a comment to the body of the email before sending it.  (You're correct that it doesn't make much sense when emailing a large batch).

Please would you consider this as an enhancement request, eg add a new property to the PDF_reDirect_Pro_Tool object eg Settings_Draft_Email (default false) - I would only set this to true if the user ticked a checkbox to indicate that they wanted to preview before emailing.

Secondly, would you consider adding a property eg Settings_Email_BCC ?
I know that you can specify the BCC within the PDF reDirect application, but can't see a way to automate this.  (It would be used to blind copy the email back to the organisation so that they have an extra log of all emails generated).

Thanks for your help.

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 01 Jun 09 at 8:39PM
Hello David,

Yes, I can see how these two things could be useful: thank you for the feedback.

Both of these things will be relatively easy, so I will include them in the next release. Currently, I am wrapping up a new product ("Meeting Timer") and will get back to finishing the next release of PDF reDirect right afterwards.

The component itself will trail the new PDF reDirect by a couple of weeks.

Cheers!

EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version