Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: MS Outlook integration Post Reply Post New Topic
cstephenprint

Quote cstephenprint Replybullet Topic: MS Outlook integration
    Posted: 03 Mar 09 at 8:22AM
Michel,

As always First I want to say your program is great, I have integrated it into lots of my Excel sheets with VBA and it makes a huge difference. 

My current issues are with the Email functionality.
1)  I have it set to use MS Outlook forms, and it will not save the password, it gives me an error every time if I use the saved password option,
2)  if I enter it, it enters it in plain text.  Not particularly thrilled about that.

3) after I enter my password, it says profile not valid, even though i only have the one
4) asks what outlook identity (even though I only have one and have it set as the default) and then prompts to select one
5) finally opens MS outlook messaging form

None of these steps stop the process(except saving my password), but it is very time consuming if I am sending out several documents, which I do alot.

Do you have any thoughts on these steps?  Also, saw the screen shot of the new release, looks good.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 09 at 1:38AM
Hi There,

Thank you for your message, and your kind remarks on PDF reDirect Pro. Here are my comments below, point by point, to your questions. I hope that helps.

Cheers!

Michel

1)  I have it set to use MS Outlook forms, and it will not save the password, it gives me an error every time if I use the saved password option,
Generally speaking, a password is not required, unless you are connecting to a Microsoft Exchange Server for your e-mails. However, if you are using Outlook in a standard mode whereby you connect to the internet to download your e-mails, you should not need to provide a password (ie, your password is probably setup in Outlook for your e-mail account ahead of time). If you do not have a password set, then you will be asked by Outlook at the time of sending to provide the password.

If you are not going a server, the password can be used for access to your mail profile. This is the password set when you create a mail profile, and if you have the properties set to ask for that password everytime. The mail profile is accessed via the Start menu >> Settings >> Control Panel >> Mail.

2)  if I enter it, it enters it in plain text.  Not particularly thrilled about that.
My bad. I'll fix in the next release.

3) after I enter my password, it says profile not valid, even though i only have the one
Have you tried leaving the username and password blank? This is the default setting, and is the right way to set it up if your profile is set to remember it's password.

4) asks what outlook identity (even though I only have one and have it set as the default) and then prompts to select one
This is courtesy of Microsoft. By the time you get there, PDF reDirect has called Outlook (MAPI actually), and Outlook decides on the best way to do things.

5) finally opens MS outlook messaging form
Yes. And somewhere along the way, the system probably paused for 10 seconds before allowing you to proceed. This is to prevent 3rd party programs to send e-mails, using your account, and without your knowledge. I find that the "Use the Outlook form" option in PDF reDirect works much faster/better, and better yet, is to use the SMTP server settings which allow PDF reDirect to communicate with your internet mail server directly.
Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
cstephenprint

Quote cstephenprint Replybullet Posted: 04 Mar 09 at 12:30PM
Again, Great Response time.  Thank you

It was a case of mistaken identity ;)

on your email preference page, in the E-Mail Authentication frame, your text box for Username refers to (at least for Outlook) the User Profile, not the email system.  Once I removed that entry, it worked seamlessly. 

Thanks!!
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 05 Mar 09 at 8:25AM
You bet: I am glad to hear that it is fixed now!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version