Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: mixed page orientation Post Reply Post New Topic
samango

Quote samango Replybullet Topic: mixed page orientation
    Posted: 07 Jan 08 at 2:05PM
I'm very new to PDF reDirect (Pro) but I like what I have seen so far.

I'm wondering if it can solve a perennial MS Word problem where some pages have to be oriented sideways to accommodate wide tables or images in an otherwise regular portrait-oriented long document. Word allows this, but it wrecks the page numbering position.

Converting the Word document to pdf in Acrobat gives you a work-around because it allows individual 90° rotation of selected pages and you can then set the page numbering in the footers Acrobat creates to replace the original footers and pagination in Word.

I was hoping this kind of operation might also be possible in PDF reDirect but I haven’t yet figured out how to do it. Am I asking for too much?

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 07 Jan 08 at 11:17PM
Hi there Samango,

You are not asking for too much. Within a few weeks, the new v2.2.6 will include a page-by-page rotation tool. It will not be as pretty as I wanted it to make it (will keep the nicer interface for PDF reDirect v3), but it will be functional in that you will be able to select a page, and rotate it as you need to.

Once all the pages have the proper rotation, you can use the "stamp" tool of PDF reDirect Pro to add the page numbers.

Cheers!

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
carl

Quote carl Replybullet Posted: 26 Feb 08 at 8:30PM
Originally posted by Michel_K17

Within a few weeks, the new v2.2.6 will include a page-by-page rotation tool.

Do you mean page-by-page rotation tool or do you mean a printer output-by-printer output rotation tool?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 27 Feb 08 at 12:01AM
Hi,

I meant page-by-page rotation tool. However, I can see how a printer output-by-printer output rotation tool would also be useful, and I think I can incorporate that fairly easily. So, for example, as you select a different file in the merge list, the program would remember the settings for that file.

You timing is perfect as I am programming the page-by-page rotation tool this week, so I'll do the other as well.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version