Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Can it do what i want it to do??? Post Reply Post New Topic
Karen15

Quote Karen15 Replybullet Topic: Can it do what i want it to do???
    Posted: 22 Jun 07 at 7:30AM
Hi
I have just stumbled across this software, and cant see from the features explaination if it can do everything that i need it to do.
I have a 479 page PDF that i need to split into, initially 5, then that 5 into 30.  I have been generating the file as one big file and then splitting it manually. but this is rather tedious and prone to mistakes.
what i would like to do is to be able to run of batch process on the 479 page pdf, extracting the 5 different sections, then repeat the sequence on the 5 different sections (i hope all of this makes sense!).
All of the pdfs then need to be emailed out to selective, pre-ordained, people.
is it possible that i could incorporate all of this process into one batch using this product, and save myself a hell of a lot of time.
i seem to think that all this would be possible if i could code.. but i cant

kind regards

KarenConfused
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 23 Jun 07 at 12:27AM
Yes, it makes sense. Is this something that you need to do regularly, or just this one time.

If you need to split the document into section, you can use the page extraction feature of PDF reDirect Professional. However, the batch printer feature does not support splitting PDF files, so it is something that I would need to add, or I can write a custom program for you'd like. I can send you a quote if you have a strong need for this. You can contact me by e-mail at exp<at>exp-systems.com.

Best regards,

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version