Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: main PDF reDirect screen is NOT displayed Post Reply Post New Topic
thai

Quote thai Replybullet Topic: main PDF reDirect screen is NOT displayed
    Posted: 21 Mar 06 at 4:16AM
After clicking on the "Print" button (leaving the "Print to file" option unchecked) PDF reDirect doesn't start but the machine is printing something.
Additionally, I cannot change the Printer Output Settings in the PDF reDirect program (when starting it manually from the Start menu).
What's wrong?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 21 Mar 06 at 11:09PM
Hello,

Please do not select the "Print to File" option. This is only for selecting printer files (.prn), not PDF files. Leave the checkbox unchecked, and everything should be fine. The Printer output options will become available once the printer output appears in the Merge List.

There is a screenshot and more information in the help file accessible via your Start Menu >> Programs >> PDF reDirect v2 >> PDF reDirect Help, or click the help button inside the program.

There is also a copy of the help file on my web site [here] which gives the same information.

I hope that helps.

Regards,

Michel.
IP IP Logged
john-henry

Quote john-henry Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 06 at 8:28AM

hello

I have the same Problem as thai. The "Print to File" option is not selected (if I understand thais Posting right he has also not selected "Print to File)! After clicking the "print" Button in Word or PowerPoint or other MS Office Programms, the main PDF reDirect screen is not displayed but in the MS Word status bar (down right) appears a small animatet printer symbol. It seems that the printing is in progress but nothing happens. If I start PDF reDirect manually from the start menu, the "Printer Output Settings" are not accessibble (greyed out). My OS is WinME. After PDF reDirect deinstallation and reinstallation again, the problem is still the same.

Any idea what's wrong?

In the past I have used PDF995 and it worked properly, but the sponsor pages they allways pop up - that really really sucks! I think PDF reDirect could be a better choice and if it works properly, I wold like to use the pro version.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John-Henry

Edited by john-henry
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 06 at 10:39AM
Hi there,

I just had a thought. I released an update (v2.1.9) which I think will fix the problem. If you start PDF redirect manually, and click the green "preferences" button, and finally, click the "check web for updates" button. This will upgrade your installation to the latest version. Try that and let me know if it fixes the problem (or not).

Regards,

Michel
IP IP Logged
john-henry

Quote john-henry Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 06 at 10:55AM

Hi Michel,

Thanks for your quick answer. Unfortunately after the update my problem is still the same.

Regards

John-Henry

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 22 Mar 06 at 11:47AM
Hi,

Thanks for trying. I have a special version of the printer port monitor which will log what is going on. Would you be willing to install that program and give me a copy of the log? If yes, please let me know by sending me an e-mail at exp[at]exp-systems.com and I will send you the file and the instructions on how to install it.

Thanks for your help! I'm sorry for the problem, and would appreciate the help since I have been unable to duplicate the problem on my Windows 98 test machine.

Cheers!

Michel
IP IP Logged
bernardirs

Quote bernardirs Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 06 at 11:06PM
I am with the "exact" same problem!

Since I did not see any solution here, and I'd not want to try others (it works very well in my office {Win and Office 2000) I can install that program (mentioned in last post).

I did not send the e-mail directly just to let U know that I "exist". The sys here is Win98SE (legal and totally updated, with office 2000).

Well, if already have a solution, let me know. I think U can see my e-Mail in the subscription, and fell free to send any test needed.
TKS in ADV
Leonardo di Bernardi

IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 15 Jun 06 at 11:12PM
Hello Leonardo,

No, the problem has not been fixed (and yes, I 've checked again on my Windows 98 machine, and it works OK)

I will contact you by e-mail, and I will send you the special Port Monitor program for you to use to generate te error log: perhaps that will show me where the problem is.

Cheers!

Michel
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version