Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Print on a shared batch printer Problem Post Reply Post New Topic
cdavid

Quote cdavid Replybullet Topic: Print on a shared batch printer Problem
    Posted: 28 May 05 at 3:42PM
Having a problem printing to a batch printer. I get a "could not create pdf" error when printing to a shared batch printer. There is no problem printing from the machine that pdf redirect is loaded on. THe directory that receives the pdf file is shared so permissions are not the problem (as far as I know.) I am able to print to the paper printer with no problems.

Interesting thing is at this was all was working fine until I purchased pro after the 90 day trail. I then decided to download and install fresh.

Any ideas?

Edited by cdavid
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 28 May 05 at 8:50PM
Hello,

First, if you could check the obvious:

1. You have the latest version installed (v2.0.15)

2. You registered the program by entering the license key.

Nothing else comes to mind right this second. If you could do me a favor:

1. Go to the machine that has PDF reDirect Pro installed and start the program manually (via the Start menu).

2. Then go to the "Preferences" and select "Generate Log Files", then click on "OK" and finally "Exit"

3. Go to the remote computer, and try to create a PDF file (I am assuming it is now expected to fail). Try one more time.

4. Go back to the computer with PDF reDirect Pro and start the program manually (via the Start menu).

5. Go to the "Preferences" and click on "Bugmit Bug Report" and follow the instructions.

6. When I receive the bug report, I will take a look and let you know if I see anything wrong.

Cheers!

Edited by Michel_K17
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 28 May 05 at 9:08PM
... and I see that you already submitted a bug report, but the log file is basically empty. Could you try to generate the PDF files again from the remote computer, and then re-submit the bug report (as described above).

Thanks!
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version