Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Using PDF reDirect
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Using PDF reDirect
Topic: Convert from Publisher Post Reply Post New Topic
Laney

Quote Laney Replybullet Topic: Convert from Publisher
    Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 4:08PM
I had a previous version of PDF reDirect on an older pc with no problem for a couple of years, but since installing v252 on this one I have been unable to successfully convert a two-page spread from Publisher to pdf. The first page converts all colors (text, lines and fill) but not the second page. That converts all to black. What am I doing wrong, or is it as usual with me, just a simple tweak or box tick?
Thanks in advance.
Steve
IP IP Logged
Laney

Quote Laney Replybullet Posted: 30 Mar 11 at 5:56PM
Upon reading one or two topics in this forum, I was intrigued by the good references to Foxit, so installed the program immediately and made this my default pdf reader.
Lo and behold, when I select File - Publish as PDF or XPS, it saves as .pdf and opens through Foxit with full conversion. Unless I had wrong settings, I would suggest there is a bug in Acrobat Reader that prevents full conversion and leaves just the first page in colour.
Maybe I was lucky with this discovery, although I've bneen working on the issue for six hours. I hope this helps another numpty like me.
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 11 at 12:49AM
Hi Laney,

I agree: very odd behaviour.

Are you using the "Print" >> PDF ReDirect to create you PDF files? or are you using the Microsoft command File >> Publish as PDF ?

The first way creates the PDF file via PDF reDirect. The second way (through the menu) does NOT use PDF reDirect: this is a Microsoft Publisher feature. However, I have had a couple of comments from various users that the Microsoft PDF  creation that is part of Publisher, Word, etc. has a few issues (although I do not remember this one).

I hope this helps.

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version