Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Installation Errors
 EXP Systems Forum : PDF reDirect : Installation Errors
Topic: error occurred in iniPut Post Reply Post New Topic
meeotch

Quote meeotch Replybullet Topic: error occurred in iniPut
    Posted: 30 Nov 10 at 1:29PM
New install of pdf redirect on Windows 7 64.  I can print to it with no problem, and it seems to save the resulting pdf's fine.  However, when I then quit the utility, I get a whole string of error dialogs that look like this:

Sorry: an Error occurred in iniPut, Section = Last_Session Key = --> Top Data = 2626
1. OK
2. 00005 - Access is denied.

with various values for Key and Data.  I've tried installing it from my own (admin group) account, and from the Administrator account with the same results.  I assume it's trying to write preference data to some location it can't access, or some such.  Any thoughts on a fix?
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 10 at 9:28PM
Hi,

The program is writing your settings to the following folder location:

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\PDF reDirect\Prefs_v2.ini

The "AppData" folder is (according to Microsoft) where programs can safely R/W user-based settings, so it is surprising that you would not have access (or any sub-folder).

Right-click "AppData" and choose Properties >> Security Tab >> YourName. In the Permissions, you should have all the permissions "Allow" checked except for "Special Permission". Same goes for the "PDF reDirect" sub-folder.

If you do not have permissions, then try giving yourself permission - which should fix the problem.

I hope that helps.

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
meeotch

Quote meeotch Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 10 at 11:05PM
I had to go through the PdfRedirect data folder & add permissions for everything, but it seems to have worked.  I don't know how that one program ended up like that.  (As I mentioned, I tried it as myself first, then as the Administrator account.)  Gotta love windows.   Anyway - fixed now, I think.  Thanks! 
IP IP Logged
Michel_K17
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum Administrator

Quote Michel_K17 Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 10 at 11:45PM
Hi,

You bet!

Agreed: very weird, especially that Win 7 has been better than past versions.

Cheers!

Michel.

Michel Korwin-Szymanowski
EXP Systems LLC
IP IP Logged
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version